Native hairloss question

Hi there. I am getting a FUE transplant of approx. 2500 grafts in a few months. it is in the first couple inches of the existing hairline only. I am curious about your experiences with native hair loss. What I am hoping is that by the 2 week mark when I return to work that my native hair has grown enough to camouflage the redness in recipient area. But will most of that hair survive?

Thanks, I have been reading these forums and hear a fair amount about shedding etc. But I am wondering if I have about 50% coverage already can I expect to still have 50% when the new hair shed etc. All of my transplants are in areas with existing hairs.( not lowering on changing hairline. Just thickening it up)

Thanks again

5b32e9ef57bf7_20151102_101141-Copy.jpg.04a6d12a9e47196b82413e3173071e78.jpg

Edited by vain

Just to clarify, are you saying that the doctor won't be shaving the recipient area? Generally, the recipient area is always shaved down completely, so the only length of any native hairs you would have would be however much it can grow in two weeks - which wouldn't be significant.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Yes, exactly. The whole head will be shaved. You are also right that the hair will only have 2 weeks to grow before heading back to work. now if there was no native hair in the recipient area then after the transplanted hairs shed the patient generally returns to their pre op look (sometimes back to bald until the new hairs grow back)

In my case after the new hairs shed and go through a dormant stage and then start growing I am hoping that I will still have the hairs I had pre op so that the entire recipient area will have my "native" hair covering a good portion of the recipient area..

My worry is that the new hairs shed as they should but I also loose the native hairs. Thus making the area bald for a few months even though I started with hair there.

Thanks.