Q. about Recovery (FUT)

Hi,

I am now 3 weeks after my FUT which was 2500 grafts. Most, 75%, of the new hair has fallen out which I know happens to everyone.

What I was not expecting is some redness. The new hair gave me a hairline and the skin at the border is noticeably red. Will this disappear as soon as the new hair is all gone? Will it take longer?

Once all the new hair falls out how long should it take to get new hair back?

Will all new hair start growing at the same time or in batches?

Thanks!

The scalp usually turns pink due to the inflammation and increased blood flow to the traumatized area. The pinkness typically lingers for one to three months and then gradually dissipates. At three months, the first signs of transplanted hair growth will begin to appear. At roughly fifty to sixty percent of the transplanted hair will be growing. At six months post-op, you may want to schedule a follow-up consultation. There's no way to tell how your unique case may progress, but hair generally grows in a great variance in hair growth cycles.

All the best...

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

The videos were great! Thanks for the help.

The Ugly Duckling phase, as it was called on the videos, really sucks!

I am going to try MSM to help regrow some of the shaved hair as per one of the videos.

TG,

Post operative redness can occur for several weeks to several months after surgery. As already stated, it is typically due to inflammation and or increase blood flow to the scalp due to trauma from surgery. The increased blood flow is a sign and results of the healing process which can also take some time. In my experience, applying aloe vera to the scalp can help soothe the area and possibly reduce the amount of time that you experience redness. It's easier to apply when your hair is short but you can still apply it even if your hair is long, your hair made us feel a little slick and greasy for a while after application. Thus, it may not be a good idea to apply aloe vera all over the scalp in the morning before work or having to go somewhere. Applying after work or at nighttime before bed is probably best.

I hope this helps.

Bill