Post op Vitamins, Laser, comb, etc

Hi All,

Pre op they told me not to take vitamin E. I wondering when it's safe to start taking it again? Also is it ok to start taking MSM again?

Does anyone have experience with using Hairmax laser comb after HT? I've been told it helps prevent shock loss and speed up regrowth, should I start using it right away?

Also in a couple of weeks I'll start body building again. Is it ok to hit all the protein supplements again?

One of the body building supplements I take is Ecdysterone. Does anyone know if this will effect my HT? One of the effects of Ecdysterone is to increase the number of platelets in your bloody. I've noticed that when I take this supplement I get bruises much easier. Do you think this would effect my HT in a good or bad way?

Sorry for all the questions... Just scared to do anything at the moment that might mess up my HT icon_frown.gif

HM

I'll answer what I know, ask your Dr when you can take vit E after the HT but I remember in my case that 3 weeks after was ok. The Hairmax laser comb was discussed here at length and the results are that it is simply a waste of money, it does not produce enough energy to help in any way. I still go in the office to do the laser sessions (the large helmet type) and I think they help me slightly, I realize many people do not believe in it but there is some evidence that it helps a little.

All the best,

HK

FWIW, my HT doctor said I could start back on supplements right away. I did after every HT and have never had excessive bleeding FWIW. (I have no idea about the laser comb though.)

Plus, I ate so healthy it would make you sick to your stomach how healthy I ate for the first two weeks everytime I've gotten surgery. (Any kind of surgery, not just an HT.)

Every HT, I healed quickly (i.e., I've had three HT's, the last one on July 15th). You've got to eat your fresh fruits and veggies till the cows come home after surgery IMHO. (Of course, we should all eat more of that stuff anyways.) icon_smile.gif

My HT doctor bragged how well he made the donor scar and stitched it up, and how well I healed after my last two HT's. (I just smiled and complimented him, but knew I had a BIG part in that by eating so sickeningly healthy for those first two weeks.)

I eat fairly healthy anyways but I really kick it into high gear whenever I get surgery. I honestly think it helps ALOT in the healing process. I'm sure it doesn't hurt.