Real 5% American generic minoxidil Please

iiieee

:eek:Two years ago, this coming Christmas, I was stunned to see that Rogaine 5% Extra Strength lotion had changed from an oily, relatively slow flowing, light amber liquid into a watery, clear liquid with the sharp smell of acohol (before it smelled like plasticine, closest I can describe it; smelled only faintly of alcohol compared to the new stuff). This describes the old 2% they first came out with back in the mid 80's and I'm sure that's what it is. This would be especially noticeable/serious to someone who started using Rogaine 2% and then switched to Rogaine 5% Extra Strength and has seen the massive difference in results the increase in minoxidil produces; the switch back would be devastating--especially if you had been on the five percent for some time!

So, is there anyone out there that has gone from using 2% to 5%, as per the above senario? And, if so, have you been able to find a real 5% minoxidil lotion replacement? I would also be very interested to hear from anyone who has used Rogaine 5% Extra Strength for the past 3 years--have you noticed any difference in its appearance, smell or application?!

100$ reward for the first person to give me an answer to the problem--NOT KIDDING!!

Are you saying that you can't find a 5% minoxidil solution anywhere that in someway doesn't appear diluted? I can't say I've noticed because I haven't use Rogaine for quite some time however, have you considered using the foam? When I was using Rogaine, I preferred the foam because it was easier to apply. It also has a higher success rate according to studies.

That said, are you suggesting that a change in the consistency of the formula may also mean that the percentage of minoxidil has been reduced? If so, do you have any proof of that other then what appears to be a change in the way the fluid looks and feels?

I'd be interested to hear more input and others opinions as well.

Bill

Okay, well, unfortunately, the first problem I have is that I can’t go out and inspect a bunch of different versions of the 5% Minoxidil because I live in Canada and we don’t have 5% lotion here—I’ve been getting it from American pharmacies that mail it to me, and I’ve been buying it off eBay. . .And thx for the suggestion, however, my doctor also suggested using the foam (as we do have the 5% foam available here) but I had to remind him of how I knew the lotion’s concentration was tampered with, in the first place—the obvious change in its physical characteristics (watery viscosity, dramatic increase in alcohol solvent smell, and absence of light amber color); if I were to switch over to the foam I would have no physical references to make any comparison! (When you see the full account of my discovery this will become clear and you will also see why it’s not just a change in consistency.) As I’ve been saying on the site, if they’re tampering with the liquid, who knows what’s in the foam?!! Johnson & Johnson, Rogaine have completely lost their credibility with me. They are fraudsters.

So, this causes me concern about the credibility of other generic manufactures, as well, especially when they tout their product in comparison to Rogaine with statements on the label, such as, To Compare With Rogaine. This makes me wonder if they are aware of the mislabelling fraud, too, and taking advantage of it to lower their own standards. After all, isn’t Rogaine the premier brand? Wouldn’t they be keeping an eye on their main competitor? I would just have to think that at least some of them would be, especially brands like Kirkland, the cheapest of them all. They nearly give it away on eBay, and, it’s owned by Johnson & Johnson! I've noticed a few brands that carry this "To Compare With Rogaine" claim on their label. If it's true and it is the equal of 5% Rogaine Extra Strength, then it's not 5%, it's only 2% Minoxidil.

Thank you for your encouragement, Bill. I, too, am eager to here from other users of generic 5% Minoxidil. . .Does the brand you’re using have an oily consistency or is it just like water? Does it have just a faint sent of alcohol or does it reek of solvent alcohol? And, is the color slightly amber or is it crystal clear? How are your results? Are you using 5% or 2%?!!. . .:eek:AND, IF YOU'RE USING "5% ROGAINE EXTRA STRENGTH WITHOUT FULL RESULTS, HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO DOUBLE YOUR RESULTS?!!:D

My offer stands at 150$ American for anyone who helps me find real 5% Minoxidil lotion

Edited by iiieee
clarity and continuity