Post Rogaine foam help

DaveyB

Hi all,

I gave up the foam after trying it for a year and a half due to sides of looking and feeling like a zombie from the Walking Dead

A lot of my hair is now wispy and discoloured. Can I ever get these out of the telogen phase without going back on that poison??

Cheers in advance

• 3 weeks later...

Dave,

I'm a long time user of Minoxidil (2% and 5%, 22 yrs.) and I'm curious about what you mean by looking and feeling like a zombie. Can you be more specific?

Also, are you using any other treatment drugs, like Propecia?. . . If so, I think I may have some good suggestions to help you get away from the drugs and restore you hair line. . . I've recently started using herbal prostate support gel caps (I can give you the brand if interested) that worked huge in synergy with my Monoxidil treatment, even though I'm 58 and have been losing my hair since I was 26! And, then you could reduce your Minox to a 2% solution, once a day (I've never done it more than that). So that would drastically reduce your drug use, especially, if you were doing the 5% foam twice a day! (When I started the 5% liquid I used it once a day and that was enough to make me feel, as you put it, like a zombie).

As for your hairline, here's a trick I discovered a couple of yrs ago. I noticed that after opening and closing my Rogaine bottles repeatedly they would start to crystalize a bit on the bottom. I began to set those aside because I noticed that the sides started to show up a little as I worked my way to the bottom of the bottle. Then I started applying these concentrated (now maybe 6%) remains just to my hairline, and I was really quite stunned to see the hair recover in this area.

There's one catch, though, and that is to find real 5% Minoxidil; Rogaine 5% is really just 2% in 5% labelling (see some of my recent posts--Real 5% American generic minoxidil Please, 11/16/2015)--they started doing this about 2 yrs ago. I can instruct you on how to produce higher concentrations for use on your hairline very easily since I now do this methodically. It takes no effort as it's just evaporation (and you only need to raise the concentration a little), but it has to be done in the right atmospheric conditions. And of course you wouldn't need much, so again, you'll be cutting back on the poison. When I started to combine the herb with the Minoxidil, I reduced my Minoxidil concentration and the sides completely disappeared--so, I think I do know what you mean; it can be an unhealthy, disconcerting feeling.

Mark

Edited by iiieee
clarity