Aspirin helps my hair!

suarez

I notice whenever I take aspirin, my hair feels better, looks better etc, I know it might have something to do with PGD2 reduction. My question is, is there anything else I can take that has the exact same effects as aspirin without the worry or side effect of increased bleeding?

Regards

• 1 month later...

Saurez, Check out this site about aspirin and other foods that may prevent hair loss via the prostaglandin system. It describes preparations that can be applied to the scalp: Body Health - Mind Health: Hair Loss Prevention. . .

I was thinking though that aspirin may be helping your hair the same way it guards potential heart attack victims from heart attack, improving circulation by thinning the blood (or perhaps in both ways, including inhibition of pgd2). If you want to improve circulation to the periphery, including the hair follicle, perhaps you could use foods that perform this function the same way that aspirin does, such as, cayenne (capsicums). Or you could just use minoxidil--getting back to drugs that affect circulation.

Edited by iiieee