Finasteride

Have been taking finasteride for 4.5 month post ht. Recently there has been lot of itching in private part?.Is this also one of the side effect of propecia?

This type of itching i never had in my life.

Also will discontinuing finasteride now affect my ht results or growth?

Thankyou

• 4 weeks later...

At 4.5 months, it's possible you've already made some progress with the Propecia, though it's hard to know for certain. If you're considering going off of it, I would consult with your doctor to get his input and determine the best approach. He may want you to try out a smaller dosage first.

As for the side effects, I've never heard of that being listed as a side effect, but I suppose that doesn't mean it's not possible. I would look into other causes of this though that may seem more probable than the the finasteride. Maybe buy some Gold Bond powder to put in that area and see if the itchiness starts subsiding. It'll give you a nice cool feeling down there at the very least. :cool:

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56