Is Couvre Speeding up Hairloss ?

Hi All

I have been using nanogen fibres for about 5 years however as my hairloss has continued I have added Couvre to my routine, I generally apply every 2 days after washing the previous lot out.

Im concerned that the couvre has sped up the hair loss as it is quite thick stuff and must clog up hair follicles, has anyone else experienced this or could it just be my imagination ?

Hi All

I have been using nanogen fibres for about 5 years however as my hairloss has continued I have added Couvre to my routine, I generally apply every 2 days after washing the previous lot out.

Im concerned that the couvre has sped up the hair loss as it is quite thick stuff and must clog up hair follicles, has anyone else experienced this or could it just be my imagination ?

I have been using Couvre for many years and sometimes I do think it sped up my hairloss because I use to leave it in for days.

However, I concluded over the years that I don't think Couvre alone is what's causing further loss, more likely just natural progression of hair loss. Sometimes when you leave it in and get use to that look of thicker hair, every time you remove it you feel your hair looking much thinner because you're accustomed to that thicker appearance.

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Exactly what CPA said.

And you said it yourself... over 5 years.... your hair loss is likely just progressing.

FYI. I've used all 3.

Q. Does COUVR? affect my hair growth?[-]

A. COUVR? does not encourage or discourage hair growth. Its gentle formula will not clog pores or affect your scalp condition.

Q. What is COUVR? Scalp Concealing Lotion made of?[-]

A. COUVR? is made with sesame seed oil (a natural moisturizer) and iron oxides, which are natural colorants.

Is it safe to use DermMatch with hair transplants?

DermMatch can be safely used on hair transplants anytime beyond the scab phase. Surgeons often use DermMatch 24 to 48 hours after surgery, but their application techniques vary and often differ from the application instructions provided with your purchase. Always consult your surgeon before using this or any cosmetic immediately after surgery.

Will this affect my hair loss?

DermMatch does not grow hair nor does it impede the growth of hair. Both hair loss and hair growth are subdermal, occurring beneath the skin's surface. DermMatch is topical, resting on the skin's surface where it has no interaction with the biology of hair growth. Get the facts on hair loss. Our About Hair Loss page is loaded with reliable, scientific and medical resources to inform and protect you. ... read more

Ok thanks i think you are probably right, I've actually been thinning for 10 years and its getting harder to conceal each year and i think people are starting to notice, I'm currently looking into a HT but will keep up my routine while i decide to go with the HT or shave off