Any HT surgeon to recommend?

33-year old male, new to this forum. I wish I could have found you guys earlier. I am now actively looking for HT surgeons. It seems Turkey and India would be good options for me considering the budget limit (I am living in China, and willing to travel to get a lower price for good quality work). After reading several posts, I'm kinda overwhelmed.

Is there a way by which I can find a list of doctors with specific rates?

It would also be highly appreciated if you can give me some advice regarding which kind of surgery I should go with? Am I a good candidate for FUE, and how many grafts do I need based on the attached pics?

Finally, please don't hesitate to recommend any FUE-only doctors for my consideration. I am planning to get it done sooner rather than later. Probably it is time for me to reach out for some consultation. Again, I appreciate your inputs!! :D

5b32e8ac5a187_September5.jpg.1a55009630b689c93e606b2147b78dfd.jpg

IMG_1033.jpg.fb13c1197301f0fb55caeba17eb49550.jpg

Edited by wallacewang

wallacewang,

Some surgeons publish their rates while others don't. Thus, I cannot provide a list filtered by prices. However, I do suggest that you check out our interactive map for recommended hair transplant surgeons across the glove. You can use the Advanced Search option to filter by various criteria.

See how we recommend physicians here.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

wallacewang,

Some surgeons publish their rates while others don't. Thus, I cannot provide a list filtered by prices. However, I do suggest that you check out our interactive map for recommended hair transplant surgeons across the glove. You can use the Advanced Search option to filter by various criteria.

David, thank you for the information. I already got several replies from different surgeons (All are discussed here).

Dr Hakan Doganay: 4000 grafts

Dr Yaman: 4500 grafts

Dr Bhatti: 3500 grafts

Dr. Demirsoy: 3000-3500 grafts

Now I am really confused. Although these numbers are just some rough estimates based on my pics, they vary too much. Do you think these doctors will give me a range of close estimates after an examination in person? As I read some posts here, it seems that this is a very common issue that other patients have also come across. :)

wallacewang,

David, thank you for the information. I already got several replies from different surgeons (All are discussed here).

Dr Hakan Doganay: 4000 grafts

Dr Yaman: 4500 grafts

Dr Bhatti: 3500 grafts

Dr. Demirsoy: 3000-3500 grafts

Now I am really confused. Although these numbers are just some rough estimates based on my pics, they vary too much. Do you think these doctors will give me a range of close estimates after an examination in person? As I read some posts here, it seems that this is a very common issue that other patients have also come across. :)

Hi wallacewang,

Yes, of course any doctor will give you the maximum number of grafts he can give you after an examination in person. They will also check if you have a good donor area.

Did you do any Skype consultation?

I had my FUE HT done by Dr. Bhatti in Chandigarh:1524 grafts.

If you need more information, please feel free to ask.

Darlinglocks

Hi wallacewang,

If it makes you feel better you can always try an online consultation.

I can only speak for myself but Dr. Bhatti is pretty accurate as he told me 1500 grafts but if he could give me more, he would! I ended up with 1524 grafts which is not a lot more but after explanation, if you continue to lose hair and need another HT, there must be enough in your donor area.

I chose Dr. Bhatti because of his honest explanation, remarks and the cost is clear for everyone to see.

On top of that, he is a recognised surgeon that does a lot of restoration on HT that went wrong and he is a nice doctor who takes the time to answer all your questions.

Darlinglocks

FUE: 1524 grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

I definitely agree with you, darlinglocks. That's why I attempted to get in touch with Dr. Bhatti in the first place. He is really nice and super responsive. We exchange 9 emails within just one hour. I think eventually I will try to ask for arrangement of online consultation. :)

Wallace, Turkey and India are excellent locations. Especially, if you find a doc that does the work themselves. Surgical incisions and Extractions. Prices are very reasonable there too. If i could turn back time, i would have been in safer place where i could have all extractions done by a doc only that only focused on me for that day. On the other hand im having to wait for repair, get an expensive biopsy test out my pockets and play for all travel and airline tickets pertaining to my repair and lose time off of work again and etc, all that is pssed on to the patient who needs repair.

So go with the doc that delivers and does the work and slowly with a fair price and ethically focuses on you.

Hey, Sean, thanks! As I read on these threads here, I have the same feeling. Now I have narrowed my options down to docs from either Turkey or India. My schedule is flexible, which is good for any upcoming potential arrangements. :)

No prob, my pleasure. It's convenient to know you can pay less tgan 80% the cost and still get surgery where a proper surgical protocol is followed (where surgeon does the extraction and incisions and focuses only on you the day of your surgery).

Let us know how things go and what you decide. Wish you the best.

Hi Wallace,

I totally agree with Sean.

It is crucial to have the surgeon do the counselling before surgery, all the extractions, all the incisions, the harvesting, and focus on you the day of the surgery,

It is the reason why I chose Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh for my HT.

I would even add that another important fact is that if you have any doubt or question after your surgery, Dr. Bhatti will still answer your questions. It isn't because your surgery is done that you don't matter anymore. you'll always get a feedback on your questions.

Darlinglocks

FUE 1524 grafts with Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Dr.%20Tejinder%20Bhatti/