Hair Club for Men Surgery

trb88

Thanks. Anything more concrete? Specifically, how is the Hair Club surgical procedure, what's the consensus on it?

I've never heard of it, and although I'm no longer a daily participant here, I'd regard that as a bad sign.

As a general rule, stay away from any chain and any surgeon who's associated with one. That means no Bosley, no Hair Club, etc.

What else do people recommend?

Go through the the "Results Posted by Leading Hair Restoration Clinics" forum, and you'll start to get some ideas.

Ok, thanks. If anyone has any more specific insights, please share. Here is a description of it:

Surgical Hair Restoration | Hair Club ®

The link you posted describes a traditional strip procedure. It's nothing new or innovative, and it almost certainly won't be performed by someone with a verifiable track record on these forums.

Also, as I said, doing anything with a large corporation like Hair Club will likely prove a disaster. Surgery is not one of Hair Club's core competencies (does it have any?). It's just an attempt to dip its toe into the lucrative hair-transplant vertical.

Stay away. Start with the surgeons recommended by this forum and then whittle it down from there.

Thank you very much for your valuable input. I will do some reading then, and get back with more questions. If you have any concrete recommendations for Chicago area surgeons, I'd love to hear. I'm willing to spend up to 15k to solve this problem right, and for good.

Btw, what's the opinion on here for Hair Club Extreme Therapy? Couldn't find any recent posts on it.

Thanks again!

Thank you very much for your valuable input. I will do some reading then, and get back with more questions. If you have any concrete recommendations for Chicago area surgeons, I'd love to hear. I'm willing to spend up to 15k to solve this problem right, and for good.

First, you can't solve it for good. Hair loss is a progressive disease, meaning that you will never be done with it "for good" unless you shave your head.

Second, you mustn't limit yourself to local surgeons. The people on these forums fly all over the country and the world to see the right surgeon, and if you're smart, you'll be prepared to do the same.

Btw, what's the opinion on here for Hair Club Extreme Therapy? Couldn't find any recent posts on it.

Drop the Hair Club thing. Nothing they're going to sell you is any good.

Edited by Shadow of the EMpire State

Avoid corporate commercial names like Bosley or Hair Club.

Dr. Konior is a great place to start in Chicago, but like others have said,do your homework before making a decision. Forget about anything you see on an infomercial.

trb88m

If you are from IL, you have some excellent surgeons that I strongly recommend you consider. But don't take my word for it. Research this community and see what their patients are saying for themselves.

Dr. Ray Konior

Dr. Vladimir Panine

Dr. Richard Keller

I've listed them in no particular order, but all of them are excellent and worth considering. All of them have passed vigorous standards and have been approved for the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

If you have any additional questions, don't hesitate to post here or send me a private message.

Best wishes,

Bill