1500 FUE Dr. Vories

justmiket

Hey Guys,

I wanted to share my experience with Dr. Vories. I will not go into great detail as others did. It would kind of be redundant. But as others shared Dr. Vories and his staff are true professionals.

This is my 4th HT. The first one was done about 15 years ago (FUT). This was before I did any research and before I found this website. I had a horrible experience. The doc really butchered me up. Don't even remember his name. (1200 grafts). After doing some research and finding this website I had another HT done by Hasson & Wong. Dr. Hasson actually performed the surgery. (2800 FUT) This was in 2003. My hairloss progressed and decided on another surgery in 2011 by Dr. Rahal. 2556 FUT. Which leads me to my last procedure done by Dr. Vories. 1500 FUE. My donor hair was limited but Dr. Vories was able to get 1500 grafts. He also removed some unwanted grafts in temple aea. I started Fin about 4 months ago. I am bald and thin in the crown but the Fin has really helped without any side effects. Wished I would have started it sooner. All my HT's were done in mid-scalp and hairline. Mostly like will do BHT in the future for scar repair and crown. As my journey continues I just want to thank this forum for information needed to make tough decisions. (eg. Choosing a doctor, to take meds or not to take meds). Do your research..

And big Thank You to Dr. Vories and his Staff......

20150921_164141.jpg.e12b2a1f90bb7de64c4fbd35bfa571f9.jpg

20150921_164149.jpg.8b34a2e915f1fc8547e59adcac717c35.jpg

20150922_151742.jpg.9074963ff9ee5ceb434ad4166e437650.jpg

20150922_151805.jpg.9f41d341a4be250433d230ec961b8d26.jpg

20150923_114820.jpg.21fde4a00d08906403e803f0d0c14fbf.jpg

20150922_151756.jpg.61d786d842accaadb9d4b29b1dec16a5.jpg

Edited by justmiket
Add Pics

That's quite a journey! Congratulations on your most recent procedure. Dr. Vories does excellent work. I am looking forward to following your case.

Happy Growing!

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Congratulations on your recent procedure with Dr. Vories! As David mentioned, that's definitely a journey. Grow well!

1st Procedure, Oct. 2012 - 1,704 grafts FUT w/Dr. True

2nd Procedure, Sept. 2015 - 2500 grafts FUE w/Dr. Vories

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I will keep you guys posted in the upcoming months. And win200 the lowest scar was actually my 1st Ht from the doctor who really butchered me up. I think that is way too low to extract donor hair from. The middle scar is from Dr. Rahal and the top is from Hasson & Wong. Not sure why Dr. Rahal did not use the H & W scar. I think he felt is was too high. My last scar from Dr. Rahal actually stretched a lot on the left side, can't tell in pics but after 3 FUT surgeries it is bound to happen. I totally agree that one scar would have definitely made my donor area look better.

Ah, that makes sense if the sequence was bottom, top, middle. I assumed that the middle scar was the first given that it's the only one that's in the proper place. The bottom one is WAY too low--well outside of the safe zone. Wong's scar is pretty high--makes sense that Rahal didn't want to open you up there again. Really unfortunate that you had two docs select odd sites for scar placement.

Looks like you've been through a lot. I will be pulling for you, and really hope you get the result you're seeking.

Your move to Vories is an interesting one. You've worked with two prominent surgeons before this. I am curious what made you not want to go back to either Wong or Rahal? What was their feedback to you after each procedure? What were your overall impressions?

Before Vories, you've had over 6,500 grafts implanted which is definitely considerable. Where were the focus of these grafts for each of your previous procedures?

Hey Windjammer thank you. My donor supply is limited and my scalp is tight because of the previous strip surgeries. I went to Hasson & Wong in 2003. At that time they were one of the best docs to go to. (Still are IMO) Dr. Hasson planted all grafts in hairline and mid-scalp. Very happy with reulsts. My hairloss progressed dramatically so I went to Dr. Rahal in 2011 to work on hairline and mid-scalp. Also happy with results, but the scar did stretch. If I was getting another strip probably would have chosen Dr. Konior but I was limited to FUE. I was really impressed with the results Dr. Vories is producing and he is strictly FUE. I try to choose a doctor for their specialty according to my needs if that makes sense. I am extremely happy with the results of my surgeries. I would probably be a Norwood 5a. And I would have a little patch of hair on my head if not for the surgeries. The fin is really working well too. So all my grafts were planted in hairline and mid-scalp.

Let me get this straight, you had ~5400 grafts in the front 1/2 by H&W and Rahal, and you say you are very happy with those results. Yet you needed more grafts?

TBH, H&W is too high and Rahal's scar stretched (which is not due to your physiology, since H&W scar did not stretch).

The yield was obviously much below average, especially for FUT. The area they covered seems to be around 90cmsq. 4500 grafts in that area would have been more than enough.

Hey adonix,

I generalized the placement of the grafts placed by Dr. Rahal and Dr. Hasson. I really didn't feel like going into that much detail of the exact placement of the grafts. If you go to my profile and check out hairloss pics this will give you better insight and exact placement of Dr. Rahal's surgery. He did not touch the frontal forelock and that is where Dr.Vories placed grafts on this surgery. Check out my before and after pics on my profile..

Edited by justmiket
misspelled words

Thanks guys for the encouragement. I will keep you guys posted in the upcoming months. And win200 the lowest scar was actually my 1st Ht from the doctor who really butchered me up. I think that is way too low to extract donor hair from. The middle scar is from Dr. Rahal and the top is from Hasson & Wong. Not sure why Dr. Rahal did not use the H & W scar. I think he felt is was too high. My last scar from Dr. Rahal actually stretched a lot on the left side, can't tell in pics but after 3 FUT surgeries it is bound to happen. I totally agree that one scar would have definitely made my donor area look better.

If you donor area is too tight or too scared a new "fresh incision" is necessary to achieve most grafts. My first butcher gave me two horrible scars. I did say 8 scar reductions to get say 500 grafts each time. IDK sometimes a surgeon is really not ethical and wants all grafts they can get from you at one time.

• 2 weeks later...

Looking good man!

I'm not looking forward to that temporary shockloss though that I feel like everyone gets around 2/3 weeks haha

FUE Progress - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180966-my-experience-w-dr-vories-2-500-grafts.html

FUE 1 year result - http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/184716-1-year-results-2-500-grafts-w-dr-vories.html

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

any updates?

This is a very interesting case as you can see the scarring results from three different doctors side-by-side. I am personally of the opinion that the H&W scar looks the best, although Rahal's is also very good - it's just a pity about the stretching.