Dutasteride Half Life

Maxxy

Hey all,

I was looking up the half life of Finasteride and found this:

The serum half-life of finasteride is 6 to 8 hours. Dutasteride has a serum half-life of approximately 4 weeks, and this long half-life was evident in the persistent suppression of DHT with the 0.5-mg

So the half life of Finasteride is 8 hours, requiring us to take a dose every day.

In the above quote it states - the half life of Dutasteride is 4 weeks, does this mean you would only need to the 0.5mg dose every 4 weeks?

Hey all,

I was looking up the half life of Finasteride and found this:

The serum half-life of finasteride is 6 to 8 hours. Dutasteride has a serum half-life of approximately 4 weeks, and this long half-life was evident in the persistent suppression of DHT with the 0.5-mg

So the half life of Finasteride is 8 hours, requiring us to take a dose every day.

In the above quote it states - the half life of Dutasteride is 4 weeks, does this mean you would only need to the 0.5mg dose every 4 weeks?

8 hours is the half life of the drug itself.

4 weeks is the half life of the suppressed DHT formation.

You can only take the 4 weeks duration into account, once you've built up sufficient suppression of the DHT to greater than 95%.

This occurs after consistent administration.

Taking one tablet per month is not sufficient.

take care...

Hi, i started using Dutasteride about 4 months ago and so far so good, i started with a first dose of 2.5mg followed by 1mg the nexy day then 0.5mg a day for roughly a month to top up my system(maybe the occasional extra one for luck lol), my hair loss has stopped with slight re-growth so far on temples but nothing major.

I am now on just 1 a week (except for 4 days i took 1 a day) and it so far hasn't caused me any problems, i will admit if i could afford more than that i probably would take more but for the moment i have just slight stage 2 norwood and only on one side and very little money to buy in a lot of Dutasteride.

Basically if you have very little hair-loss so far like me and you main worry is just stopping the hair-loss you can afford to take less..oh yes im on Nizoral shampoos too but very infrequent and i honestly doubt it has much of an effect for me with hair-loss but does keep the dandruff at bay.

Tony