To Dr Feller/Spex -will your new FUE tool increase the number of FUE candidates?

asasas

Hi Dr Feller/Spex

I was just wondering if your new FUE tool will increase the number of FUE candidates. In the past you have stated that some people are not FUE candidates (and after testing them you have offered them strip instead). Will these people now be candidates?

Also, my second question is - will this new tool increase the FUE yield that patients will get and will it now match strip?

Finally, I'd like to commend you on your remarkable innovative skills - the fact that another respected surgeon is already using this tool is a credit to your surgery.

(edit - Bill: could you move this to the correct forum - my mistake sorry)

Asa,

Yes, I think this tool will increase the number of FUE candidates. In fact I'm sure of it. Patients in whom I could not succeed in performing FUE manually have been easily done with this new instrument.

It will increase the FUE yield compared to other FUE tools, but FUE will NEVER match strip because while Torsion, Traction, and compression are minimized with this new insturment, these forces don't exist at all for strip which gives it the eternal advantage.

A number of doctors are using the instrument now and I am thankful to all of them for trying it and posting such favorable comments. Everyone wins.

Thanks for the kudos.

-Dr. F

Originally posted by TC17:

Dr Feller,

What is the percentage decrease in grafts using FUE as opposed to strip?

I'd also like to know this.

What is your estimated transection rate with the new FUE tool, and how long have you been using this version of it?