0% growth at 3 months

hey,

So, reading this thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177224-whats-general-expected-rate-hair-growth-transplants.html

where it says 10% growth at 3 months is normal. I'm at that stage now but no growth. I picked up a general consensus on this forum that early growth is a sign of strong fuller growth compared to those who have growth later on...is this a fair assessment?

Is 0% growth a worrying sign at three months? Also have no symptoms of growth; no small spots, no small spikes, no increase in itching.

I agree, if there are no signs of regrowth at three months post-op, give it more time as you are no doubt right on the threshold of it coming through the scalp.

And there is really no evidence to confirm that earlier growth implies a better more robust result.

Congrats on your recent procedure...;)

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Photos are always nice and appreciated...;)

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

• 1 month later...
hey,

So, reading this thread: http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177224-whats-general-expected-rate-hair-growth-transplants.html

where it says 10% growth at 3 months is normal. I'm at that stage now but no growth. I picked up a general consensus on this forum that early growth is a sign of strong fuller growth compared to those who have growth later on...is this a fair assessment?

Is 0% growth a worrying sign at three months? Also have no symptoms of growth; no small spots, no small spikes, no increase in itching.

Hello, I am new to forum and this is very first post. I have been reading many posts to get more information about Post HT expectations.

I had a FUE in July this year. Little less than 1100 grafts. I realize no real growth should be expected until after 4 months and I am not getting anxious.

But I see your post and I am experiencing same thing as bolded in your post. My recipient area is just as smooth and no small spots, no small spikes, no increase in itching as it was before HT.

I will be patient, because I do not want to slow growth with nervousness and worry. If no growth in 8 months and area still smooth, I will start to worry.

I post here because if it is not normal for area to still be very smooth, I hope a member will post and advise. Thank you.

Hi Gillenator. I'm way too depressed at the moment to post pictures. I'm trying to forget about it for a while. I'm just worried that nothing's going to happen. Nearly 3 months 2 weeks and nothing.

Some guys are early bloomers and some more late. As long as you went to a reputable surgeon with a proven track record, there should be a good result.

Hang in there my friend as you are probably right on the threshold of seeing some new regrowth...;)

Gillenator

Just free your mind for a few more months. The physical growth and results will show up soon. The hair needs more time so stay positive. The results guide isn't exactly indicative in every case. May you share any photos?

My opinions are my own. I am one representative of MyWHTC Clinic's European branch.

Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

London, United Kingdom - Available (Sat.)

Zurich, Switzerland - Available (Saturday)

Bologna, Italy - Available (Saturday)

Brussles, Belgium - Available (Sun.-Sat.) *No Fee*

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I must be honest - I did not know about this site but I researched other sites before HT. Many doctors do not post on other sites due to cost. Some years ago, I did have consultation with doctor recommended here - but experience was bad I abandoned idea of having HT

This year I went to another doctor (not recommended on this forum I see now), had consultation and cost given was $11K for 1000 grafts -this did not sound good - I think I was being cheated. Went to next doctor and given good price - like doctor from years ago. I committed to surgery - but technicians performed ALL of the procedure. The doctor never came to procedure. I asked technicians why - they say doctor train them.

This place is not small it has many doctors - many procedures. Perhaps too many procedures?

I have important question - many of you have Stats? how many grafts had 1 hair, 2 hair etc. Is that common practice for hairs per graft to be tracked? My doctor office did not have counts. :-(

What is done is done and cannot be changed. I do have concern but I will wait. HT may be OK. I have no growth yet - but I know it is early. Well known, recommended doctors have bad HT, hopefully unknown technicians have good transplant. Only time will tell.

Post op instructions I was given were:

Plain Tylenol only

no ibuprofen meds, codeine etc.

no other hair applications for 10 days

gently wash hair daily with baby shampoo- no rubbing

sleep upright to reduce swelling.

I was not told to use any saline solution, but I was provided cortizone to help with healing

I do not want to share doctor or office name now, as it is too early and results may be good. It would not be good thing to give bad impression if results are very good in future time.

Edited by humble1
spelling