PRP 3 and 1/2 mons update and suggestion needed pls

Hi Guys,

This may i got PRP/acell done in jersey by dr.jefferey wise. Like i mentioned in my previous post i lost 15% of my native hair and i see lot of bald patches now and did see the doctor who performed this treatment and all he suggested me is to go for corticosteroid injections. Actually he said he'll do it for free.

I also started using proscar 5mg (1.25mg every other day) and did get the side effects.

My hair is a real mess now and my marriage is set for this december. Did anyone know any information about the corticosteroid injections? Should i continue using Fin?

• 2 weeks later...

Alez-Even i am a newbie to this forum buddy. So not sure how it works. First of all like i mentioned in the personal message i got the PRP/Acell done for my hairloss on may 21. It's a bit painfull procedure but somehow coped with it. Exactly after a week i saw lot of bald patches on my head. Then i contacted Diane about my sudden hairloss and bald patches. She told that this is common(shock loss) and i should be seeing new strong hair in and around 3-4 months. Now i am at 4 month mark and i dont see any new growth and left with lot of bald patches.

Personally the doctor and his staff seemed really nice. It's just that procedure i have an issue with

Well I did hairline plus PRP, its only been like 1 week post op, I don't notice bald spots, but I do notice some thinning, which might be from normal shock loss from the procedure or the fact that my hair was cut very short as you saw from my pictures and I am not used to it. Regarding HT My concern are numbness and swelling (from lots of liquid meds they used on my scalp still on my forehead/eyes/nose but it does not hurts so its not from inflammation).

Regarding PRP and shock loss I am going to start with finasteride 1mg, biotin capsule 1,500mg, Minoxidil Shampoo with anti DHT properties, and biotin conditioner after monday when he will see me for the second time after the procedure.

Their staff is very good, they have answer all questions and follow up overtime I call, I think for me its way to early to tell you weather it was a good or bad decision, but yeah its definitely NOT easy dealing with the recovery phase...

Yes it took me 6 days to clear up all the fluids used for the numbing. After a month i felt some tightness in my scalp and occasional shock like feeling in the recepient area.

BTW your regimen looks good and i wish u all the very best.

Happy growing:)

I'd be surprised if the PRP injections caused shock loss--doesn't sound right to me. Shock loss is usually due to surgical trauma. It sounds like alopecia areata to me which I've heard people use corticosteroid injections to treat. I would also be cautious going to any doctor who is using PRP as a standalone treatment. Kumar, any chance you can post some pictures of your thinned areas?

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

It's not just injections buddy they did use the microneedling(dermapen) for penetration. Last Monday i did see the same doctor and he suggested me the steroid injections which you mentioned. Sure i'll post the pictures tomorrow

Even a derma-needle shouldn't really cause shock loss, though. It's not like you are changing the vascularity/blood flow in the scalp the way surgery does. Would be interested to see your pics...

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

Spotty or blotchy hair loss down to the bare skin does not sound like shockloss to me either.

Although it does sound symptomatic to Alopecia Aereata and possibly why the steroid injections, I would get some more physician opinions to try and get a more formal diagnosis so you have a better idea as to what the source of this patchy hair loss is.

I have heard of some guys having shockloss from PRP treatments.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

I did consult Dr.jerry cooley as he has alot of experience with prp/acell. He said that it is normal to have shockloss and some tingly sensation and said i should be see results after 4 months.But my concern is that it's already been 4 months and i dont see any new growth and my hair is really weak and still losing hair. I just made an appointment with a local trichologist and will see how it goes. BTW i am planing for hair transplant this coming january

It's also possible that you may be experiencing a shedding cycle and sometimes it can take a little more time for the new growth cycle to kick in. And it also takes even more time for the hair shafts to grow to length.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

Here is one of the pic i sent to the doctor before the treatment ofcourse here the hair is not wet but still can see the volume....all of the doctors i saw suggested me 1200-1500 grafts at that time. Now most of them were saying 2000 grafts

IMG_3105.jpg.9ce31d0f599200c3b87089fe6ae46a2c.jpg