Biotin does It cause Shedding?

Just wondering has anyone used biotin to help growth with their hair transplant?I am 8 months post op and hair is growing ok I really don't want to take anything that causes shedding I realise biotin doesn't grow new hair but just strengthens existing hair, also does anyone know what strength is recommended

Thanks in advance

Mick,

I've never heard of it causing shedding. I take it daily (1,000 mcg), and didn't notice any kind of initial shed either. I don't think Biotin would have enough of an effect on the regular follicle cycling to really cause a shed. It does tend to make the nails and hair grow quicker though!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.