types of hairpieces ?

Anonymous

I'm going to get a hairpiece and curious about the types of hairpieces.. stopped by a few shops to see what they offered but just curious . I saw a hair piece that attaches to the original hair, a hair piece attached with clips , and a hair piece attached with tape . I still have some of my original hair left so I'm deciding on going with the hair piece clip .Would the hair piece clip do any damage to my existing hair ? I tried on a sample and did feel it tug a bit at my hair but would this be enough to pull out my hair ? Is it less damaging than the hair piece that is tied to your original hair ?

Regimen: 5% Minoxidil twice a day (morning and night) on front hairline, Proscar (broken into 5 pieces) one piece every night. MSM 1000 Mg, Zinc 30 Mg, Vitamin E, Multi-Vitamin.

Baby Shampoo for showering.

• 4 months later...

The shop you go to should make a custom hair piece that fits your head so the hair clip doesn't feel as if it's going to pull your hair out. Your biggest decision is if you would want to go with a human hair piece or a synthetic one. Going with a human hair piece is more expensive but you'll be able to style it differently and it will last you a longer time.

• 4 weeks later...
Will that not have a chance of coming off, e.g. in wind, rain, shower, exercise, if pulled, conditions?

I think clip on certainly have those risks. Tape and glue much less so.

Also do these not need to be specially maintained which could become costly?

I get by on 4 quid a month worth of products a year.