Dr De Reys vs Dr Hakan Doganay - Who is better from your opinion?

joerazor

I have finally decided to go for an FUE hair transplant. It took me a whole two years to decide in taking this step!! I am 30 years old at a NW4 and my hair loss has stopped at that point, which is a good time for me to get my transplant.

After searching for the BEST FUE doctors on forums like here, I ended up with the following 2 doctos:

- Dr De Reys (Belgium)

- Dr Hakan Doganay (Turkey)

I am quite not sure which doctor is better.. As both seem very professional and I really like their work.

So I sent them both an email requesting an approximate cost (Which is based on the approximate grafts required)

I was quite surprised that both doctors gave me a different graft range. Dr Hakan recommended around 4000 grafts while Dr Reys recommended around 2600 grafts.

I would understand if the difference in grafts between both doctors is within the 10-20% range...

What do you think?? Who would you choose if you were in my place? I am quite lost to be honest.

Thanks

Hi Joerazor,

Both doctors are good and recommended on this forum.

Did you do an online consultation with both?

Why don't you go for a third opinion as the range of grafts seem quite big in difference?

I suppose the cost is also different with both doctors?

I had my 1524 grafts FUE HT done in Chandigarh by Dr.Tejinder Bhatti.

I would suggest to do another consultation and then go with what is best for you.

Darlinglocks

I also emailed Dr Erdogan and will see what he will say! :)

No, I did not do any online consultation... Just exchanged a couple of emails with the doctors' patient advisors and included photos.

Dr Hakan charges 2 Euro/graft

Dr Re charges around 2.5 Euro/graft

I attached a photo of my hair.. I combed it back just to give a clearer view of the missing hair.. (Since combing it to the front conceals)

jjj.jpg.25cac9908548e429fb4c8b3e42153811.jpg

I wouldn't go to a doctor who doesn't speak English (I.e Dr Doganay). Being able to communicate with the doctor is something I would not compromise on. Dr De Reys is good and does manual FUE I believe. I would also consult with Dr Demisroy who is possibly the best FUE doc in the world in his price range.

PS if you haven't done so already check out this informative thread on doc de reys

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177708-extracting-grafts-dr-de-reys-1640-grafts-fue.html

Joerazor,

Don't you think before making such an important decision, it would be better to make an online consultation or even Skype with the surgeon himself rather than the doctor's patient advisors?

Again, the difference in the amount of grafts seems huge.

I can only suggest you to also ask Dr. Tejinder Bhatti's opinion as he answers all your questions and the cost of the procedure is quite reasonable compare to other countries.

The final decision is yours to make, but you can't be informed enough.

Hair Restoration Social Network ? Community for and by Hair Loss Patients - Dr Tejinder Bhatti's Profile

Darlinglocks

FUE 1524 grafts with DR. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh, India

• Administrators

One thing I consider is that Dr. Doganay is recommended by IAHRS and Dr. De Rey's isn't.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.