Caught a Cold the day after surgery!!!

Good day all.

I had my first HT on Friday 02/12/2010. I had 2000 grafts done.

My Question: The day after surgery I caught a "cold" no fever associated with it, just stuffy nose, head, and body aches. The worst lasted maybe 2 days at most and now I am just suffering the latent effects of the cold. Can having a cold/flu post op affect the HT's in any way shape or form.

The reason I ask is I just had my one week f/u today to have sutures removed : ) and I asked my doc this very question.. he replied that yes in some cases when people get "really" sick, this can hinder/stop the growth of the transplants. BTW the doc looked at my HT's and said this is how it should look right about now.. looks good.. come see me in a month.

Needless to say I am very excited and concerned at the same time. I will soon be adding the pictures I have been taking all week and will continue to do so for the next year as I go through this new transformation.

Thank you in advance and I look forward to sharing my thought in the coming months.

Wow, you must feel miserable! I just had my first HT done yesterday (1500 grafts)and I am now dealing with the pain/swelling; could not imagine having a cold on top of that..

Unfortunately, I can't offer any insight as to how this will affect your growth. Just wanted to say hang in there & I hope you feel better. Good Luck...

I seriously doubt that a common cold will affect your growth. Your doctor should have made that abundantly clear to put you at ease.

Perhaps running a high fever for several days would be deleterious but even then I think as long as they were healthy going in and have not had their blood supply cut off somehow then they should grow.

February12,

Welcome to our forum community and congratulations on your recent hair transplant.

I feel quite confident that a cold or even the flu won't be of any detriment to your transplanted hair. That said, take care of yourself and drink plenty of fluids so you get better quickly :-)

Happy growing,

Bill