Shock loss, over-harvesting or slow growing?

Hello guys, I had a HT FUE 5000 grafts 1 and a half weeks ago and I think I have some shock loss in the donor area where their appears to be some patches. I can still see some of little hairs breaking through but they are not growing. Is this shock loss, over-harvesting or just slow to grow? Will this grow in or look worse over time? I had my HT at ASMED in turkey and from what i understand they rarely see shock loss. Its more noticeable in person than in the pics. I don't have a professional camera to capture how it looks. I emailed the clinic but haven't gotten a response yet so I thought I would reach out to you guys since its the weekend. thanks in advance.

5b32e834b5f16_backofhead.jpg.429f8e5a9e5442921fc830e4f7aac002.jpg

IMG_0446.jpg.2692a9d63a74774aa84d3ffc6bd14bfc.jpg

IMG_0454.jpg.686dfd06ca1f96785713b46602f37c36.jpg

IMG_0448.jpg.71929f097398f21291833cbad1f4c4a9.jpg

Hi m8,

Your donor will not look quite right for months yet, I had 2500 grafts taken and had severe shockloss on my donor, actual bald patches, some of the worst my Dr said he had seen, but I just kept it shaved down very short grade for 6 months and by then it had all returned and now you can't tell at all!

.just try not to worry about anything till at least 4-6 months as you won't see much happening and will drive you crazy!! Trust me,we have all been there!!

Asmed are top notch! Don't worry!

Hair112,

I agree with the above; it's most likely just a bit of temporary shock loss at this point. Keep an eye on it, but nothing to lose sleep over!

Happy growing.

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.