anyone here use generic nizoral 2%?

harry1

Hi - does anyone here use generic nizoral 2%? I recently got a prescription for generic nizoral 2% and the shampoo substance is like a cherry scented gel as opposed to the brand name nizoral 1% that most people here are familiar with.

Does brand name nizoral 2% have the same smell, color and texture as brand name nizoral 1%? Are there any generic versions of Nizoral 2% with the same smell, color and texture as brand name nizoral 1%?

What is the typical cost for Nizoral 2%? I think I paid something like $30 for a 4 ounce bottle of generic nizoral 2% which is not cheap and I really don't like the shampoo qualities other than the 2% nizoral content of course.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

thanks kmcd1 - sounds like you use the 2% mix. have you ever used the 1% mix? I'm wondering if 2% has the same smell and consistency as 1%.

if so then I need to figure out how to mail order 2% from the uk since 2% in the us costs $88 for a small bottle from the drugstore.

Never used the 1% as i dont think we get it here. Have u tried amazon uk. The 2% is on there and might send it acros the pond.

It is cherry red but it has a clean smell if you know what i mean. Not cherry smell.

Ah thanks for that info. I've tried generic Nizoral 2% from a US pharmacy which was also cherry red. The texture was somewhat like a liquidy gel. Is that the same texture as Nizoral 2% in the UK?

Nizoral 1% has a smell and texture that is more similar to Pert Plus shampoo which feels like the 1% variety leaves my hair feeling cleaner and more manageable than the 2% variety.

Interesting. Sounds like the generic 2% is similar to the brand name 2%. Is "Nizoral greed" a non-issue with the 2% variety? Wondering if the Nizoral shedding is isolated to the formulation of the 1% variety?

"Nizoral greed" or "Nizoral shed" happens when you use Nizoral 1% more than 2-3 times/week. Do you use Nizoral as your daily shampoo? If yes and you haven't experienced shedding then the "Nizoral shed" does not appear to be an issue for the Nizoral 2% formulation. Please let us know.