Please advice me on what to do in terms of where to put grafts

Hi

So i am getting to grips with doctors i like now and i see a lot of mixed responses

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/180675-pics-my-balding-how-bad.html

my photos are on there

- one person told me not to load up on the grown i will need them for the front, is this a good piece of advice

- will my bald patch ever be covered?

- I have seen people advising not to get so many grafts done on the first FUE - i have been told i need around 4500-5000 (But truthfully i think i need 5500-6000)

Dr Dogany is suggesting beard transplants to save my donor- is this a good suggestion?

I just want someone who has had a HT to tell me what the best approach to take on all this is

In my opinion, smash, you are not a candidate for hair restoration surgery. Given your extensive hair loss at your young age (27) and your less-than-optimal hair characteristics (straight, dark, fine caliber hair), I really think you would be better served just keeping your hair buzzed relatively short and moving on. I know you don't want to hear this, but you asked.

Hair restoration surgery can provided excellent cosmetic benefits for some guys, but not for others. Young guys with extensive male pattern baldness, high contrast between hair color and skin tone, average to below average donor density, and straight hair that is average to fine caliber (all of which describe you based on your photos), just don't make out so well with hair restoration.

Keep this in mind: hair transplantation doesn't grow new hair or change one's hair characteristics. It only moves existing hair from the back of your head to a new location and attempts to arrange it in such a way as to create an illusion of more hair in the new location than there actually is. The less hair available to be moved (donor density), and the straighter and finer the caliber of that hair, and the greater the hair color-to- skin color contrast, and the larger the bald or thinning area(s) to be covered, and the greater the likelihood that the patient is likely to lose more hair going forward, the less likely that hair transplantation will provide long-term satisfactory cosmetic benefit. Unfortunately, you appear to possess all of the negative indicators.

I'm really sorry to say this.

Others may disagree.

• Administrators

I completely disagree with pup daddy, honestly even Norwood 7's are candidates so long as their goals are realistic, I'm of the train of thought that some hair is better than no hair, you should never just give up and shave your head unless that's what you want, you're not that young 27 is a descent age for hair restoration, it's not like your 19. You have ok density, it does look like you have some thinning of the nape but that's ok you don't usually get hair from there anyways. Critical planning is 100% necessary in your case.

I've had two hair transplants one just last July. I'm 30 years old, so here's my suggestion, if your gonna choose FUE your gonna have to do it in sessions, meaning 2,000 grafts one surgery another 2,000 the next so on and so forth, this will decrease the transection rate which is basically when the graft is cut in half and therefore does not grow, now in terms of where you want to place your grafts, in my opinion don't lower your hairline, just thicken the hairline you currently have, reinforce your lateral humps, because they probably will drop, your headed to Norwood 6, 3 years ago my hair was like yours and my sides did drop. If you don't reinforce your lateral humps you'll be left with an island of hair not a good look, so most of your grafts should be distributed to your hairline, the mid scalp and lateral humps, I wouldn't use any scalp grafts in the crown honestly, that's where your beard grafts come in to play, use some beard grafts for the crown, you just need enough so that you can use toppik. You have to do your procedures not based on how bald you currently are but how bald you could become, this will ensure that your result withstands the test of time. PM me if you have any questions.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

In my opinion, smash, you are not a candidate for hair restoration surgery. Given your extensive hair loss at your young age (27) and your less-than-optimal hair characteristics (straight, dark, fine caliber hair), I really think you would be better served just keeping your hair buzzed relatively short and moving on. I know you don't want to hear this, but you asked.

Hair restoration surgery can provided excellent cosmetic benefits for some guys, but not for others. Young guys with extensive male pattern baldness, high contrast between hair color and skin tone, average to below average donor density, and straight hair that is average to fine caliber (all of which describe you based on your photos), just don't make out so well with hair restoration.

Keep this in mind: hair transplantation doesn't grow new hair or change one's hair characteristics. It only moves existing hair from the back of your head to a new location and attempts to arrange it in such a way as to create an illusion of more hair in the new location than there actually is. The less hair available to be moved (donor density), and the straighter and finer the caliber of that hair, and the greater the hair color-to- skin color contrast, and the larger the bald or thinning area(s) to be covered, and the greater the likelihood that the patient is likely to lose more hair going forward, the less likely that hair transplantation will provide long-term satisfactory cosmetic benefit. Unfortunately, you appear to possess all of the negative indicators.

I'm really sorry to say this.

Others may disagree.

Whilst its not what i like to hear.... i appreciate the honesty - this forum isnt here to spoon feed us compliment's - i will take on board your feedback regarding the contract too that did cross my mind

what are parietal humps sorry?

my thoughts were to try fill out my crown initially and thicken my top / front.

Hairline - i need to be realastic and learn i cant do much with the number of grafts i need

ideally i would like to just fill in the V bits in between my hairline a little.

My goals are to make my self look younger really, i am 27 but people think i am 35.

HTsoon i will drop you a PM - thank you for your support - and thank you all for a response