Invisible Scar (well, at least for now!)

Well I had my sutures removed on Friday (post op day 11). Dr. Gabel says that you CAN'T EVEN SEE the donor scar! I didn't think that could even be possible! And I feel NO tightness or discomfort at all.

I know I'll be asked about photos, so FYI many were taken, both in Dr. Gabel's studio and with my own camera. Selected pics will be posted in the near future, possibly after the shedding period.

Thanks again to Dr. Gabel, AND his fantastic staff! Although a HT is masterminded & directed by the surgeon, we should never overlook the huge role that talented Technicians, CMAs, Patient Coordinators, & Graft Placers (other than the surgeon) play in the process.

Dr. Gabel - March 8, 2010

4115 grafts

1s - 958

2s - 2209

3s - 849

4s - 99

Total Hairs - 8319

4115 Grafts from Dr. Gabel (Hillsboro, OR)

March 8, 2010

Hair Me,

Yes I will post the pics. However, I'm in no rush to do that just to "prove" something. Dr. Gabel has the best quality photos to date, but we haven't discussed exactly when we'll release them (they'd also have to sort through them all, which takes time).

But it's only been 13 days and right now I'm more focused on getting rid of my little scabs, not to mention tomorrow which marks day 14, when I can officially do basically anything I want. I really look forward to that! Even though I felt fine, holding back a little in the first 2 weeks hasn't been easy for me. I'm sure that some of you can relate.

I haven't even looked for the donor scar myself 'cause Dr. Gabel told me that you can't even see it, and I believe him! However, it should also be noted that I have dense donor hair, so just 'cause it can't be seen now doesn't necessarily mean that it would be completely invisible if I were to shave my head. So perhaps "invisible" is a relative term.

March 8, 2010

Chris,

I'd encourage you to start taking your own photos and presenting them in your very own patient website. Charting your progress will help you more than anyone else but will also help others in their research in selecting a quality hair restoration physician. Documenting your progress with photos will help you be able to see just how far you've come and remember the various phases you went through.

You have a long road ahead of you. Taking and looking at my own photos helped me just as much as the support I received from this community.

Best wishes,

Bill

You might want to change the title of your post Chris. There is no such thing as an invisible scar from an HT. Unless of course there are no pictures and then I guess you can say it's invisible icon_smile.gif Seriously though I'm glad you're happy and I look forward to your photos. Just be careful with your activities, you're still only 2 weeks out.

Thanks guys, for your kind replies and support. icon_smile.gif

I tweaked the title of this post a bit. I honestly don't know if the scar will eventually emerge, but I'm not concerned 'cause it'll be as good as it can be.

Today marks milestone Day 14 post op so it was really nice to return to regular showering again, jogging, and I also worked on carefully removing nearly all of the remaining little white scabs.

It was funny 'cause when I started jogging today, my scalp felt a little funny, but that sensation was gone in just a few minutes. I'll occasionally get a little itchy, but other than that it feels like nothing ever happened!

I have been taking pictures almost everyday, although Dr. Gabel also has some which he initially said he'd like to post first.

March 8, 2010