Help!!!

Broncos22

Does anyone know who the best surgeons are in Los Angeles? Anyone with experience? I also want the FUE and I think I need a mega session as well. I do not want to pay too much but I don't know what the prices are normally. 10 dollars or even 8 dollars seems like a lot for a mega session. That's gonna cost too much for me. Is there anyone that does the Fue for lower but has great results? I'm searching but not finding too much info on prices and I figured someone here can help me. Thanx

Unfortunately you are going to have to travel. If you want FUE, then the best option is to travel to Turkey or Belgium or Spain. And the costs per graft happen to also be much cheaper at round 3 Euros per graft. Research Erdogan of Turkey, Lorenzo of Spain, or Feriduni of Belgium. Those 3 are the top 3 FUE surgeons in my opinion.

If you want strip, go with Hasson & Wong in Vancuover.

Don't waste your money or precious grafts by limiting yourself to Cali.

Broncos,

This may sound like a strange recommendation, but I suggest "pumping the brakes" and slowing down a bit. Spend some time on the forums doing research. This site is a great resource. Ask questions; send emails; and undergo consultations. Make sure you're informed and ready before jumping into any hair transplant procedure.

Feel free to ask any questions here or by private message. Most of the members here are very well informed and very helpful.

Good luck!

Dr. Blake Bloxham is recommended by the Hair Transplant Network.

Hair restoration physician - Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation

Previously "Future_HT_Doc" or "Blake_Bloxham" - forum co-moderator and editorial assistant for the Hair Transplant Network, Hair Restoration Network, Hair Loss Q&A blog, and Hair Loss Learning Center.

Click here to read my previous answers to hair loss and hair restoration questions, editorials, commentaries, and educational articles.

Now practicing hair transplant surgery with Coalition hair restoration physician Dr Alan Feller at our New York practice: Feller and Bloxham Hair Transplantation.

Please note: my advice does not constitute as medical advice. All medical questions and concerns should be addressed by a personal physician.

Thank you Dr. Blake for your response but I am getting married next year and I want to get it done before my wedding and have results come in. I know it takes a year or more for the hair to grow. This is why I'm in a hurry. That being said I am here for that reason to make sure I don't make a mistake going to the wrong place etc. Dr. Blake, where are you located? Do you do the FUE and can you do it all in one day? Thank you for your help. :)

Broncos22,

Welcome! Blake has given you excellent advice. I understand your concerns but when considering hair transplant surgery, rushing into things can have devastating consequences.

If you're dead set on getting surgery asap, I suggest you consult our interactive map where you can find pre-screened, quality hair transplant surgeons in CA and beyond.

It's important to note that FUE in the US typically runs between $8 and $10 per graft. I don't have information about pricing for every clinic we reommend but there are some that charge less.

Take your time and resarch carefully.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

Does anyone know who the best surgeons are in Los Angeles? Anyone with experience? I also want the FUE and I think I need a mega session as well. I do not want to pay too much but I don't know what the prices are normally. 10 dollars or even 8 dollars seems like a lot for a mega session. That's gonna cost too much for me. Is there anyone that does the Fue for lower but has great results? I'm searching but not finding too much info on prices and I figured someone here can help me. Thanx

Broncos, i was in similar situation as you but after surgery i needed some massive photo editing to take care of issues with the professional pics.

Be Careful with megasession especially if you have lots of native hairs in the zones that will be worked on. With FUE it would be wise to break the procedure up in two days if there are lots of grafts needed. You can also break up the procedure a few months apart. You do not want to be the guy where doctor overuses lots of grafts and you end up with low yields, shockloss and donor shockloss resulting in halo or hues behind your head. You do not want to be that guy.

It may be worthwhile to make sure whoever extracts your grafts and creates recipient sites is a physician at the very least. Make sure proper framing technique is utilized. Keep and eye on the marker markings and the thickness of the pen as it may throw you off in terms of placement.

Have you taken a look at Dr Mohebi or Dr Diep or other docs around california? You obviously may not find very cheap rates in North America, primarily such rates are in Turkey and India.