picking dead skin off scalp

Hi guys,

I'm about 7 weeks post op. No scabs left and lots (but not all) of shedding has already taken place.

I'm still being gentle when I wash. During showering, as i'm not rigorously massaging my scalp (just touching with the pads of my fingers) dead skin has built up. I've started to peal it off, and when it comes off, it always has hairs in it, sometimes multiple hairs. Is this ok? Is it ok to peal the skin off?

No bleeding occurs. Pretty sure it's ok at this stage, but just wanted to double check.

Thanks

Hi options. I'm exactly 7 weeks post op too! I had a similar situation at about three and a half weeks post op. All my scabs were clear and I had started shedding. There was noticbly dry dead skin in one area that kind of looked like dandruff. I gently scratched it off and too noticed a hair or two shed. There was no bleeding either. To my knowledge grafts are sealed and secure at ten to twelve days. Unless there is any severe bleeding at this stage they are fine. The only concern is that nails have lots of bacteria and this could cause an infection if there were any breaks in the skin which wouldn't be a good thing for the newly transplanted hairs. Keep posting your progress though. It will be interesting to follow someone the exact timeline as myself:)