Under the radar

DAC

Hi,

1st-up, just wanted to say a huge thank you to the numerous contributors to this site. I've only recently registered, but have frequented the site lots of times over a long period of time in a quest to glean as much information as possible in a bid to work out the best course of action for my hair loss. Keep up the great work; the community and information helps out a lot of people.

I've decided to ultimately take the plunge on a transplant. I'd ideally like to carry out the procedure attracting as little attention as possible (as I'm sure many other would wish).

As my hair style naturally covers the recipient area, I'm toying with the idea of leaving my hair long for the entire process with exception of donor and recipient areas. I was wondering if anyone has tried this approach / had any opinions on viability of the approach? Appreciate any experiences and opinions shared.

Thanks

It depends on the nw level and the procedure. Generally, a nw3 or lower can go unnoticed with strip if their hair is long enough on top for strip. FUE you may be able to get away with it if you take off a few weeks, but there aren't any guarantees.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks Spanker. It will be FUE and I've got the luxury of being out of the work routine for just over a month, so may well chance my arm and chop the rest off if it looks too ridiculous

Well what I did was start wearing a religious cap here at work, I'm muslim. So people asked me what's up with that and told them i'm being a little more religious.

Later on after the surgery I came back and they said Ramadan is over and I can be normal again, told them I've shaved and would like to cover it that way. it was an easy cruise until a few days I stopped wearing it. No one noticed