Small stubble like hairs, no growth or shedding

Hi everyone,

I'm approx 6 weeks post op, and many of the transplanted hairs have grown, and shedded. I haven't shedded them all yet.

My concern though is that there are some transplanted hairs that don't appear to have grown, they remain stubble like at 1 or 2 millimetres in length. So they have not shed and have not grown. This appears strange compared to many of the transplanted hairs that have grown.

I can count approximately 8 of these only in my hairline. They may be further back too but I can't detect any, maybe because only the stubble like hairs are in the hairline or because the ones further back aren't as noticeable.

These short stubble like hairs have been here since the procedure; they are not recent developments.

Could anyone tell me if this is normal? Is the fact that they haven't grown suggestive of the grafts being dead and that those individual hairs will not grow at all?

Many thanks for your help.

Edited by justgotfue

• 5 years later...
On 7/29/2015 at 3:25 AM, justgotfue said:

Hi everyone,

I'm approx 6 weeks post op, and many of the transplanted hairs have grown, and shedded. I haven't shedded them all yet.

My concern though is that there are some transplanted hairs that don't appear to have grown, they remain stubble like at 1 or 2 millimetres in length. So they have not shed and have not grown. This appears strange compared to many of the transplanted hairs that have grown.

I can count approximately 8 of these only in my hairline. They may be further back too but I can't detect any, maybe because only the stubble like hairs are in the hairline or because the ones further back aren't as noticeable.

These short stubble like hairs have been here since the procedure; they are not recent developments.

Could anyone tell me if this is normal? Is the fact that they haven't grown suggestive of the grafts being dead and that those individual hairs will not grow at all?

Many thanks for your help.

did these hairs ever end up growing in?

• 2 years later...