Growing hair falling? (whorl or beginning to bald? )

inmyhead

Hello,

i'm 19 years old. For past 8 months i've noticed that i'm losing quite significant amount of hair - up to 10 on the pillow and like 30-40 in the shower ( i wash my head everyday as it gets oily and i get a lot of dandruff otherwise... ) My father is not bald, but his brother is and we have some bald people in our family tree from father's side. What i noticed is that the hair, which falls is still growing. What i mean, whenever i get a haircut i see shorter hair falling, but just before going to barber long hair fall. I'm getting a haircut every month, because hair grows quite fast in my opinion.

Adding photos

First ones are before washing hair ( oily hair )

View image: Full Size Render

View image: IMG 5486

View image: IMG 5478

View image: IMG 5473

View image: IMG 5403

View image: IMG 5404

View image: IMG 5406

hairline is completely fine, it's hard to pull hair there(on the other hand, i can easily pull hair on lower part on the back of my head near neck ). I dont think i've seen a big difference over past 7 months, but seeing hair falling with every shower is a bit disturbing having in mind that i have some bald dudes in my family. Also i noticed, that i don't see any difference in hair falling when i wash it everyday, or every second day.

Hey man. It's totally normal to lose 100 hairs a day, but it can still be alarming when you first start noticing it happening. And based on what you reported (10 or so on the pillow and 30-40 in the shower), you're way under what's considered to still be normal/okay anyway.

Your hair looks totally fine to me. In fact, you seem to have the kind of hair most guys would be envious of around here. I personally don't think you have anything to worry about at the moment, especially considering your hairline is still completely intact and no clear evidence of the crown thinning.

You mention having dandruff problems as well. This is something I've struggled with my entire life, and I've found that the more flaky my scalp is, the more hair fall I have. The healthier/better shape my scalp is in, the less hair fall I have. So look into seeing what you can do to keep that at bay. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for you to be worried about it at this point.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Hey man. It's totally normal to lose 100 hairs a day, but it can still be alarming when you first start noticing it happening. And based on what you reported (10 or so on the pillow and 30-40 in the shower), you're way under what's considered to still be normal/okay anyway.

Your hair looks totally fine to me. In fact, you seem to have the kind of hair most guys would be envious of around here. I personally don't think you have anything to worry about at the moment, especially considering your hairline is still completely intact and no clear evidence of the crown thinning.

You mention having dandruff problems as well. This is something I've struggled with my entire life, and I've found that the more flaky my scalp is, the more hair fall I have. The healthier/better shape my scalp is in, the less hair fall I have. So look into seeing what you can do to keep that at bay. Otherwise, I don't see a reason for you to be worried about it at this point.

Thank you for you answer, really makes me feel better, i guess my a bit longer hair causes that piece of skin to be seen sometimes. I've started to use medical anti dandruff shampoo and my itch is beginning to calm down. Thank you again and wish you all the best

Thank you for you answer, really makes me feel better, i guess my a bit longer hair causes that piece of skin to be seen sometimes. I've started to use medical anti dandruff shampoo and my itch is beginning to calm down. Thank you again and wish you all the best

Of course, man. And I hope the medical anti-dandruff shampoo does the trick for you. It took me years of trial and error to find something to fix my dandruff, and it still flares up from time to time to give me hell. Best of luck!

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Agreed with Pkipling, your hair is perfectly fine, be relax!

A non balding person may loose around 100 to max 150 hair a day. So no need to stress.

As you said there are some bald dudes in your family, So keep monitoring your hair, you never know from where that Bald gene may strike. So just be cautious.

At present everything is normal!

here is a great tip for growing nice healthy hair,

table spoon of extra virgin olive oil - warm it a little had 5 drops of tea tree oil, then rub into your scalp, it clears all the bad bacteria that cause lots of skin damage, do this for 14 days and see how your hair loss is then,

another daily natural treatment is apple cider vinegar but that smells bad so i tend not to do it

June 2013 - 3000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2013 - 1000 FUE Dr Bhatti

Oct 2015 - 785 FUE Dr Bhatti

Dr. Bhatti's Recommendation Profile on the Hair Transplant Network

My story and photos can be seen here

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/Sethticles/

here is a great tip for growing nice healthy hair,

table spoon of extra virgin olive oil - warm it a little had 5 drops of tea tree oil, then rub into your scalp, it clears all the bad bacteria that cause lots of skin damage, do this for 14 days and see how your hair loss is then,

another daily natural treatment is apple cider vinegar but that smells bad so i tend not to do it

Thanks for the tip. I'm gonna try that one out for sure.