egg whites and biotin supplement

harry1

Hi, egg whites contain a protein named adivin which binds strongly to biotin and can lead to biotin deficiency if egg whites are consumed on a daily basis. Cooking egg whites reduces the adivin by 60-70%.

A biotin supplement is recommended for biotin deficiency. I currently take a daily Biotin supplement of 10000mcg. Would 2 cups of cooked egg whites per day essentially absorb half of this amount? I'm wondering if I should bump my biotin to 20000mcg per day if consuming 2 cups of cooked egg whites per day.

I'm also wondering if there's any type of fiber supplement I should take in addition to this which might help reduce potential residual binding? What kind of approach would you take with this?

Is the Biotin giving you any results ? If so how long have you been taking it ? I read some really good reviews on it, I just started the regular dosage 3 days ago.

Isn't 2 cups of cooked egg whites a day kind of excessive ? My doctor told me not to eat any eggs at all.

I'm not sure if the Biotin has helped or not because I take several different supplements. Science says that it works and others believe in it strongly. There are no harmful side effects and the supplement is cheap so I simply include it in my daily regimen.

Egg whites are considered the ultimate protein. 2 cups of egg whites for dinner a few times per week will help you get back into shape pretty quickly.