Unusual post. Please read. Hair stayed 1mm in crown for 8 months and wont grow

Hi

I had hair transplant in march last year at darling buds with Dr Tejinder Bhatti. I had 5500 grafts. A lot of the grafts came through but about 20-25% of the hairs wont grow bigger than 1-4mm in length. It has been like this for between 10 months to 5 months. I have tried many different ways to make it grow including head massage, gingko biloba and other ways that I cant think of right now but the hair will not grow. It is rooted and can not be pull out with tweezers. I have tried all the obvious and less obvious tricks.

I have contacted Dr Bhatti but he has not got a clue and wants a skype chat which I can not do at present. I am away for a while so can not put any pictures up as yet but they would make no difference. You genuinely can not see anything. I can feel the hair and it has not changed at all. It is mainly around my crown area. The hairs were definitely not there before the H/T.

Has any body ever heard of this or have any ideas to help? This is confusing the experts.

Thanks in advance. I am travelling around so will keep checking back for any replies but I thank you in advance. I am grateful. I will put pictures up when I am back.:confused:

Also I have fibromyalgia of legs which is basically bad circulation. Dr Bhatti has said this will have nothing to do with the hair not growing. I also exercise regular but not as much as I used to because of legs.

It sounds like dead grafts that never grew and I have seen this before although very rarely. In fact we had a patient complaining about this last month and sure enough he had a dead graft on his scalp. It was easy to remove the hair though so I can't understand why you can't take them out with tweezers. Not sure that a skype consult will do much you need to be seen under magnification or very high resolution photos taken to be sure what is going on.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Thanks for reply. I thought they may be dead grafts but they actually grew for a while but then stopped. I have scrub hair vigorously on many occasions and nothing comes out. Dr Bhatti assured me they were not dead grafts or damaged in any way. It's confusing?

chad,

If the hair shafts are regrown hair grafts but just never continued to grow in length, I highly doubt that they are dead hair shafts. They would pull out rather easily if they were dead hair.

It is hard to say what the issue may be. It is possible that they may grow longer in the next full growth cycle period. But this could take some time for the current anagen growth cycle to move into the next resting phase. These hair shafts would have to shed, rest, and grow another hair shaft.

Possibly they are stunted from being placed in a DHT enriched zone.

I would not pull them out but instead wait it out to see what happens in the next full growth cycle.

The hard thing is waiting it out...:confused:

Hope you see some positive changes in the future months chad.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Thanks a lot for the advice. It is a situation. I know they say some of the hair follicles can take up to 18 months and even 2 years in extreme circumstances, to really come through but I just hope that is the situation. They were packed in professionally but tightly. I'm 14 months in to growth so wait and see I guess.

Thanks again

I am sure Dr. Bhatti is just as concerned as you are -you said you had over 5000 grafts - have the other grafts responded well in the receipient area?

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.