Is this hair growth!?

spyk777

Hi friends,

I have been using propecia 1 mg with weekly avodart 0.5 mg for 5 months now. No sides. I have been seeing several small hairs on the crown recently on close shot. Is this encouraging? Will it grow into full fledged hairs or is this just miniaturized hairs and my wishful thinking.

I have attached a pic.

image.jpg.d8d66ca1a12d72863c613e465ae97b2a.jpg

Looks like you have done solid hairs in there that are going to grow, but for a good comparison you need to show a total crown before and after. At five months you should just be starting to see it working.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I see several thin caliber hairs amidst thick caliber hairs. Will the thin one grow out, and stronger?

These hairs were not there before. I actually went through a shed phase 2-3 months after starting the medications.

Anyone with similar experience ......

From what you're reporting spyk, those are good signs! Many users note an initial shed when starting medication based hair loss treatments. I also shed when I started Propecia 2 years or so ago. The hair that grows back after said shed should be more robust. It may also stimulate some weakened follicles back into growth. So if you're seeing thin hairs that were not there before, there's a good chance those will mature with time. Some did for me, while some remained in that thinner state. Either way, every bit helps with illusion of density. Mine was frontal third based growth however.

I agree with Spanker and would gladly differ to his experience and keener eye though!

This looks and sounds very encouraging. Kepp documenting with photos. It will be very interesting to see where you end up on another 5 to 7 months.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website