how often do matured transplanted hairs shed

Hi

I was wondering once your transplanted hair grows how often will they naturally shed is goes into the resting phase?

I has a transplant done 2.5 years ago and a touch up done 18 months ago and very occasionally I will see the odd transplanted hair shed, I can tell it's transplanted because of where on my head it comes from and also it's very dark and thick not at all miniaturised.

I know transplanted hair sheds like normal hair but should it not grow for 4 to 7 years before shedding or does the cycle change as it's been removed and regrow after the shock of the procedure? I'm assuming that that can cause an imbalance in the time before it may shed or is it possible that if it never shed at all and grew right from the bat that it's done it's full cycle?? It's only probably 5 hairs in the 2.5 years iv noticed but was wondering if there is a reason why any would shed before the 4 year period?

Thanks

Hi

I know that, but an average hair grows for between 7 and 4 years if the cycle is normal so after a transplant most hairs shed then start a cycle 3 months later what I'm asking is should they continue to grow for the next 4 to 7 years or can the transplanted hairs cycle change due to the trauma etc of the transplant!! ?

Probably more like 2-6 years in the Anagen phase but even that's dictated by genetics. Sounds perfectly normal to me.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

I'm not aware of any hard science on the subject, but the HT process doesn't necessarily 'reset' the hair cycle, so it's normal that transplanted hairs will fall within that short space of time, and then re-grow when the follicle hits anagen again.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com