2000 Grafts FUT with Dr. Cooley just done Friday

So after visiting couple top Drs, finally I opt Dr. Cooley for my HT. I feel im most comfortable with him. I had 2000 scheduled +PRP treatment on Friday. I had good experience on the surgery day. Right now I am on Day 2, and just got my first hair wash after surgery by myself. Here are some pics on Day 1, Day 2, and Day 3..

Just got the count from Dr. C

1- 1042

2- 1142

3- 126

Total

I have way fewer 3's ;( Hope it would not impact my density too much..

I will keep this post updated. Thank you!

IMG_5498.jpg.59ab566a7237e2590da038ac1de651c7.jpg

IMG_5527.jpg.d5ec80536f40684ac8852ea8db8ae9ab.jpg

IMG_5531.jpg.dbc1ea21b8139453523d3911b584bcf2.jpg

IMG_5545.jpg.027f623cd2bb4cad843f8c89284ec07f.jpg

Edited by andyzhao

The first pic is Day 1, 2nd and 3rd are day 2, The last pic is day 3 after first time hair wash after surgery,

Btw, I do see much more dark bump like scab on my left side than right side, and after hair wash, some of them became white,,is that something normal

• 2 weeks later...
I wonder why patients don't opt to trim the hair before surgery!

Atleast the even hair looks better!

Anyways work looks good...

Dr didnt ask me to cut the hair..if he said it is necessary, i would do that no doubt,

Nice work Dr. Great design on the hairline. Should make for a very good result !

Yeah, thank you. A little concern of mine, i feel my left side is a bit stronger and denser than right side, you can tell from the last pic with the flash on. Do you think it would become better eventually?

• 3 weeks later...

I have been doing alot of research to see if at my age of 52 with very fair skin should consider HT for Norwood 3V moving to 4V scale. I prefer to not cut my hair before so I can "hide" the right after surgery looks that includes post op redness that will probably last 6 months or more for pale fair skin. Please advise if that is a common practice or does it effect the end result?

The only reason i style my hair like this is to get a clear look of the transplant area for pics. I would never walk out like this lol...

The work looks good as is to be expected by Dr. Cooley and you seem to have healed well.

I'm sure you'll be smiling in a few months time.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

Thank you, How is your hair progressing? I consulted with Dr V too.

Hey thanks for the update, I am less than a month after surgery and am not looking forward to the fall out stage, with that said its just something we all have to go through. Better days are ahead, its nice to have something to look forward to. I will also be doing a write up very soon. Thanks DWH

• 4 weeks later...

Here is some pics I took. Ive been seeing noticeable shockloss or whatever it is behind the transplanted area, which makes me constantly worry. You can see the difference btw first one which i took on July 26th and the second which I took just now.

Besides that, the transplanted hairs seems start to grow. I also took 2 pics of that. What you guys think about it? And should I keep using Rogaine? Can I apply it on transplanted area or only crown?

Any inputs would be deeply appreciated. And I will be keeping the updates with the progress.

Thanks!

IMG_6224.jpg.70986f270e5ed08b9d790e4ec3a16060.jpg

IMG_8190.jpg.f36dc2cb1e6d1bd18aa0b09a835c7b50.jpg

IMG_8233.jpg.aa2c9662dd1f8f0d49c885100f837f34.jpg

IMG_8235.jpg.74b279d845162860ed091a117ffb4b23.jpg