5 Month 9 Days Post Op

Mick50

Hi these are a few more pics taken 5 months 9 days post op of my hair transplant with longevita in Turkey

January this year .The las pic was taken pre-op by the Doc, second from the top left

taken 3.5 weeks post op the rest 5 month 9 days post op.

As you can see from the pre-op pics i was pretty bald on top Norwood 5 -6 with some miniaturised hairs on top which stopped me being shiny bald if you know what I mean, but in reality offered no cosmetic covering.

I am pleased with the result so far,I have shown a pic showing the top as that gives the game away, but at just over 5 months I hope it will thicken and mature. from the front I actually don't look bald any more and have a hair-line some of you hair-line purists will think the temples should have been brought in but I have always had that recession even as a young man in my 20's keep in mindI I am 52 now .

I will need a second op for full density but i am very pleased so far hopefully will do away with the hat soon but of course keep it on in the sun.

nice to hear some views on my progress, by the way showed my face just to give you a better idea of the proportions regarding hair -line I have always had a wide forehead coming down lower would have looked odd as you can see where my forehead crease lines are and certainly didn't want hair-line any closer to them

Edited by Mick50

Hi johnboy71 thanks for the comments ,I had 4200 FUE grafts you're right a second pass will be needed I will see how it turns out at the 12 month mark still early days yet, to be honest

just getting a hair-line back with a little ontop coverage has helped my confidence and at my age if it improves up to the 12 month mark I maybe happy enough, after having being bald for so long being a bit thin on top doesn't seem so bad, just hated the horse-shoe look which I pretty much had

Well unfortunately no , that side of things wasn't the best to be honest, although the Doc was present and keeping an eye on the op, it was techs that did the work so also have no breakdown of the grafts implanted, I took a real risk going with longevita they are a really professional team but at the end of the day they are only the the middle -men all I can say the techs were very professional in my opinion knew what they were doing, the bottom line is i could only afford the 2000 euros I paid so it was budget transplant or no transplant ,

I have posted a pic in a previous thread where you can see my donor i can honestly day it looks as thick as ever and i feel there is at least 2 -2500 grafts left, but of course its only my opinion I would need a Doc to evaluate it

Congrats on your results so far. 5 months is nothing and you could more than double the growth you have in another 5-9 months. I wouldn't jump the gun worrying about a 2nd procedure yet. If you're not taking finasteride you should talk to a Dr. about it as it will tremendously help your final result. Even taking it every other day works great for many who are concerned about side effects.

As far as budget clinics there are several in Turkey where the Doc does some or even half the work themselves. I know this for a fact. I don't want to give recommendations but look around and you'll find them. Your progress looks great so far. Keep us updated.

Hi Calid3, thanks for your encouraging words, yes I agree with you regarding there being Docs in Turkey actually doing the work at budget clinics I found this out after i had been there.

in saying that the techs who did my hair have been with Dr Resat for a long time and definitely knew what they were doing ,the only downside was not getting a breakdown of the grafts maybe if I had done my research properly I could have requested this pre-op. I would advise anyone whether it's budget clinic or not to make sure they get an agreement to get a breakdown before they go ahead.