Recipient bleeding 4 months post op

I have had a tiny amount of blood coming from 1 specific graft. 3 hairs have already been growing out of that graft.

Whenever I washed my hair for the past week I noticed that this particular graft looked like a tiny fresh cut. It would crust over during the day. The bleeding is not much, like if I would put press a white tissue on it for a minute, there would be a tiny red dot of blood on it.

There's no pain, swelling, pus, or any other sign of infection. It does not spread either. But for some reason this graft has been discharging a minimal amount of blood for the past few days. I only picked up on it because tap my recipient site with Kleenex to dry it.

Any idea what is going on at 4 months? I've googled folliculitis to death but it simply does not look anything like it.

My only guess is that one dead hair is trapped so it does not heal over properly.

Edited by ZeoRanger
Typo

Can you post a photo showing the area with wet hair?

My opinions are based on my beliefs and are simply my own. I am one representative of the WHTC clinic.

Free Consultation Dates & Cities for Dr. Patrick Mwamba

Brussels, Belgium - Available

London, United Kingdom - Available

Zurich, Switzerland - Available

Bologna, Italy - Available

Follow us: Facebook - Youtube - Pinterest

Dr. Patrick Mwamba is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

Tried taking a photo but it is too small to recognise anything. The surrounding tissue of the 3 hairs out of the graft simply looks shinier. Kind of like when you peel off dead skin. This is all smaller than 1mm in diameter.

Edited by ZeoRanger
Typo

I've never heard of another case like this but I'm inclined to say that it sounds like an ingrown hair. The thing that makes me question that is that lack of swelling and pain. If you can't visit your HT surgeon, I'd recommend having your doctor check it out just to be sure.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website