Stress loss?

Presently losing 2/3 hairs whilst just brushing hair after washing it and what I have left after many transplants is thinning by the week. Just ordered Proscar and Dut which should be here any day. Two questions

If stress makes your hair fall out if this is the reason am losing it then if it's the transplanted hairs falling out will they return?

Would it be worth seeing a skin/dermatologist to get an opinion and if so can anyone recommend someone in the UK?

Many thanks in advance, this hair loss is so frigging depressing.

Stress is a very uncommon reason for hair loss and it definitely gets blamed a disproportionate amount. Overwhelmingly the chances are it's not stress, but genetics.

I would go to the Farjo clinic to get an analysis if you think it's something else.

I may lose 20 hairs even after a shower so I would stress about what is falling out but about what's not filling in.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Stress is a very uncommon reason for hair loss and it definitely gets blamed a disproportionate amount. Overwhelmingly the chances are it's not stress, but genetics.

I would go to the Farjo clinic to get an analysis if you think it's something else.

I may lose 20 hairs even after a shower so I would stress about what is falling out but about what's not filling in.

Thanks Spanker

Stress maybe a factor but not as much people make out.

Its mostly in the genes I guess.

Hope the combo of Meds will help you out.

Best wishes.

Edited by ontop
edit

Thanks Spanker, will get in touch with Farjo. How do they analyse the current state of the hair/follicles etc?

You may find this article by recommended hair transplant surgeon Dr. Parsa Mohebi informative.

Hair Loss – Diagnosis and Treatment of Stress Related Balding

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website