Inquiry (Dr. Fotis Tsounis)

GMA

Greetings,

I am 26 years old and I have been slowly loosing hair on my forehead for about 7 years now.

Recently I decided to go on a free consultation for FUE hair transplantation at Hairclinic Slovenia.

I imagined I would be meeting a surgeon but instead there was just a technitian who took a picture of my head, looked at my donor area and discused number of grafts I would need to cover up the bald area and of course the price

I am in an early stage of baldness (A 2), and I have really thick hair on a donor area so I would need about 1000 grafts, and the price would be 1600 euros.

I was told that the surgeon who would preform this procedure is Dr. Fotis Tsounis (apparently he travels all around Europe to Hairclinic branches and preforms FUE procedures.

Does anybody here has any experience with the man?

Kind regards!

Thank you for the reply.

Could you give me some names?

I have discovered that Dr. Fotis Tsounis works primarly on Harley Street, London and in Athens where he owns his own clinic called High Density Hair Transplants.

Hello GMA,

I hope you will make the right choice. There are actually lots of hair transplant centers worldwide and some of them are better than others. In my opinion Slovenia, Czech Republic, UK, Slovakia or any other West European countries would be a smart choice for you.

Hair transplantation is a big business and there is a lot of "scam" in the industry. I would go and ask your family doctor (general practitioner) for advice before attempting to search for hair transplant centers. It is always good to get advice from someone "independent", e.g. a person not linked to hair transplant industry.

Maybe your family doctor knows someone good in hair transplantation and can make insightful recommendations.

If you did not have a chance to talk to a "real doctor" when visiting the hair transplant center in Slovenia, I would stay away from them. Hair transplantation is a surgery and must be performed by a doctor with proper qualifications and the doctor must see you first, explain advantages and drawbacks of available methods and help you in making the right decision.

So my advice is to go and ask your family doctor and then chose a hair transplant center in West European countries or in USA.

Thank you for the reply.

Could you give me some names?

I have discovered that Dr. Fotis Tsounis works primarly on Harley Street, London and in Athens where he owns his own clinic called High Density Hair Transplants.

Maras or Erdogan is where I wud b lookn, can't go wrong with either. Masas will be more expensive tho but imo u won't get better quality.

Harley Street is just a license to print money, if you only need 1000 grafts then probably your best option is at one of the European docs recommended by this site. The 2 mentioned in the last post would probably be a good start.