Hair Damaged From Hairpiece

slickrick1985

Hi Everyone,

I had a hairpiece installed at the London Hair Clinic and was advised by the individual who took the measurements and fitted it, to have the piece upto the halfway point on back of head, that he suggested was thinning.

I wore the hair piece from January to March. I would visit the clinic once every 3 months to have my hair washed/shaved, the piece cleaned and then rebonded with adhesive but became very self conscious about the hairpiece. I realised that the hairpiece was not for me and opted to have it removed.

However, I have noticed that where the hairpiece was bonded with adhesive I have very thin hair now and it is growing back very slowly. I have uploaded two photographs of before in December and after most recently in April. Will the hair grow back or is it permanently damaged. Any advice would be highly appreciative.

Before.jpg.35d89de0d5ecaaed3d0e11c687cb4f4c.jpg

After.jpg.1707503c625bb4b7e604ba4947f85174.jpg

Looks like progressive hair loss in a Normal pattern. Are you on finasteride?

I would not expect regrowth without medical therapy. Sorry.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks for the response guys appreciate your advice. It has been one month since I have taken the hairpiece off and have uploaded a picture of my hair right now. Does it look look any better?

I will consider using Finestride when going for a HT which is the next step. And yes I would advise everyone to think twice if they are ever considering getting a hairpiece, especially over existing hair.

Today.jpg.ee53c5d309d604f4991e7ad3486bd8a4.jpg

Edited by slickrick1985

Still looks normal to me. I don't see any real damage. Just mpb. On the plus side, your donor looks good.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.