Just Over 12mths Post Op Dr Jose Lorenzo

Moderators - I think Dave should be up for "Hair transplant patient of the week" :)

It is great to hear Dave how it has changed your life.

2 poor unsatisfactory hair transplants performed in the UK.

Based on vast research and meeting patients, I travelled to see Dr Feller in New York to get repaired.

Johnny2000 - after 9-10 months the hair had completely regrown. Not much different to the pics really, maybe a bit thicker at 12 months than at 10, but hardly noticeable. After one month, the donor site and recipient site had healed completely. ( look at my profile pics 1 month post op) so yes, I suppose you could get your hair cut. I'm not sure what my hair density is, but if I look at the recipient site to existing hair it's pretty damn the same.

Wibbles180- I tried fin for 3 months pre op but got side affects so stopped. He had no issues with me not continuing to use it post op either. My rate of hair loss was gradual over a few years and was only at the front. I suppose I'm at the age were hair loss was slowing to re point where maybe I wasn't to lose what I had left? I'm not sure. Anyway, I've not used meds since and my hair is as the pics, at 16 months post op.

I'll post pics showing it wet soon. Cheers

Thank you so much.

Damn the pictures look great.

I Think i Will be booking with him ?

Thanks so much for the wet hair pics , I bet dr lorenzo would love to be able to do a results video of this result , to go with the other outstanding results he has !

It may be the lighting or have you had your hair cut short , but above your ears it seems you have a slight thinning ? Were grafts taken from there or was that the case prior to surgery ? Either way it's still one of the best results I've seen and has definitely made my decision easier . Congrats

It does appear that your temporal donor zones were aggressively harvested. I would reconsider finasteride even if it takes a lower dose in order to tolerate it. Yes, even at your age hair loss will likely be progressive. It is not unusual for one to experience stabilization for a few years before the process starts to accelerate again.

I see what you mean about the sides of my head. It appears to show aggressive harvesting, but it's not as bad as the pics show. My hair at the side is almost white, and the growth direction is angled, so shows my scalp. If you look at my post op pics at 1 month, it isn't as bad as these pics appear.

I doubt I'll try meds, even at a lower dose.

Many thanks for your positive comments. You certainly do get what you pay for. That's the reason I chose Dr Lorenzo. The results I saw prior to surgery were a no brainier for me. I'm very very happy indeed with the result and it does make me feel a lot younger whilst my self conscious negative feel, has gone completely. A top top surgeon and a fantastic bloke too.

I did have a few 3's 4's and even 5's from my donor area, which certainly helps thicken the hair and the hairline is very natural. My confidence is way above what it used to be so, anyone contemplating an HT, I'd say go fo it. I've not regretted it for a second.

You need to caveat this with "from a well established surgeon." But yes, the sentiment is correct (and I don't mean just "approved" surgeons from this site). Look at density. Look at hairline design. Even look for graft placement in your research. Do your due diligence and you'll find a great doc. Shapiro, Konior, apparently Lorenzo :) There are more, obviously...

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate,

Yes, Dr Lorenzo did all the work. Removal and insertion, although he did have an assistant passing him the insertion tool. I had the op done in Manchester when he was based at Farjo, but I believe he is back in Madrid now. I'm 47 btw

Thanks Dave.

Yes, he's back in Madrid now, so some of his techs are helping - I think doing extractions only Correct me if I'm wrong, anyone?

I've consulted with him and am seriously torn between him and Feriduni. I've not really seen anyone in the flesh after their procedures, though, just pics. That's what's putting me off having it done at all. I know the camera can lie.