I washed my hair with cold water and some photo

Hi,

I am just 3 days post-op and accidently washed my hair (first time wash) with cold water. Now I am starting to think this could probably harmed my grafts... Am I screwed?

Edited by alex85

Thanks David for your reply. No I didn't rub anything. I dab some shampoo foam (eucerin cappilogain), let is sit for a couple of minutes and rinsed it with cold water. I filled a sponge with cold water and rinsed it. No blood.

So my concern is about the cold water instead of (luke)warm water.

Edited by alex85

Thanks David for your reply. No I didn't rub anything. I dab some shampoo foam (eucerin cappilogain), let is sit for a couple of minutes and rinsed it with cold water. I filled a sponge with cold water and rinsed it. No blood.

So my concern is about the cold water instead of (luke)warm water.

I see no reason to worry. I'm sure your grafts are just fine.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

No reason to worry about that. Did you have any existing hair there?

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Thanks guys!

No hair there (except for 4 hairs haha). Density is around 45 cm/2 (56 cm/2 I just count in exactly 1cm/2, zone close to the original hairline). Maybe a future FUE to add more density.

Edited by alex85

Did you get a graft break down? Every one of these look like 3 hair units.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I've never heard of the temperature of the water being a factor when washing the hair after the transplant. The main things to watch avoid would be rubbing/scrubbing the grafts and/or applying hard water pressure to them. It sounds like you did everything correctly - gently applying the suds with the sponge, letting them soak, then slowly rinsing them with water from the sponge and/or a cup is the ideal method for me. I believe the temperature is a non-factor.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56