Post FUE HT : will this medication ruin or effect my FUE?

Hi all,

I may need to take some Glyceryl trinitrate (GTN) ointment which is quite a strong medication, does anyone know if this is a issue? I wont be taking it if it has any effect on my recent FUE treatment, post 6 days.

Many thanks in advanced

I have read a lot of post-op manuals and none made a reference to avoiding such medicine.

It is not a medice that listed hair loss as a side effect, so technically it should not be a problem.

Just to be on the safe side, I suggest contact your clinic before taking it.

Otherwise you'll be pondering every day for the next 10 months whether you made a mistake.

Or hopefully someone here will be able to provide a definite answer.

RelRay,

Not enough feedback and clinical trials have been done on this med so it's really hard to say what benefit and to what extent it would be.

IMHO, these ointments are really not necessary unless you are dealing with some other issues that would call for the added use of these meds.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Ok this response has me worried to be honest.

Does this basically mean you should refrain use of ANY medication (prescription) for 12 months after surgery apart from finasteride? I think it makes sense to stay aware from hard core meds that would be supplied in hospitals for chemo etc but over the course of a year it's more than likely that you will need prescription medicine at some point.

The post op guides should really make a list of what is allowed and for what you need to ask permission from the clinic. The GP prescribing it, won't have a clue about a potential effect of everyday medicine on recently planted grafts.

I avoided the annual flu shot this year thinking I went overboard. But now I'm glad I didn't take it.