Better deals in HT's due to economy?

I dont think so.. I had asked Dr. Pathmovich of thailand to give me some discount but he offered me just 6% which is as good as nothing..Although my comments may seem pretty immature as i am judging from just one experience but in general people would,in most cases, always go and buy some thing which will make them look better even if they are living on loans..

Done done.. Check out my blog..

2785 grafts by Dr. Humayun Mohammad

My Hair Loss WebLog

There have been a number of concerns about hair transplant prices given the economic concerns of mid 2008 through 2009, and some have posted their thoughts on this forum.

Though the economy may prevent some prospective patients from proceeding with surgery at this time, the vast majority determined to restore their hair appear to be following through.

Hair restoration surgery is an elective, paid out of pocket surgery, not covered by medical insurance. It's very expensive, but ultimately, hair loss sufferers have to decide whether or not the benefit is worth the cost, bad economy or not.

Obviously, nobody should prepare to put themselves in the poor house with elective surgery, or if they are on the edge of potentially losing their jobs. But there are ways to be smart, save money, and eventually restore your hair.

Remember, there is no rush to getting a procedure, despite the desire you may have. Plan wisely, and if you are a candidate who is financially ready, take the plunge.

By the way, Javy, a 6% discount is actually very generous considering it may save you almost $1000 depending on the size of the procedure.

Bill

I actually went to Dr. Pathmovich myself recently. He offered me a similar discount, which I accepted. His rates seem to be around half of what you will pay in the U.S., so any discount is a good one. Even with the cost of travel, you come out ahead financially and get a trip to Thailand, to boot! The only downside was not being able to fully enjoy Thailand in post-op condition. I'm happy with the results so far.

We're always in a good position on this side of the Atlantic if we're going to the States for a HT. The Euro is usually stronger against the Dollar and Sterling is even stronger again. Had I have travelled for my HT last year I could have gotten $1.60 for every ?‚¬1 (which is a whopping $1600 for ?‚¬1000). Right now you would be lucky to get $1.30 for every ?‚¬1. But it's still not bad. My session with Dr. Feller will cost $8500 approx. With the current exchange rate (and I work in a bank so I get a special staff rate) my op will cost around ?‚¬5315. And the hotel I will be staying at offer a 'Dr. Feller discount'. Dr. Feller's is a busy clinic, so I couldn't see him offering discounts due to slowing business any time soon ha ha! But in fairness, his prices are very reasonable anyway. And the bottom line for me is that I'm happy knowing I'm going to get a top job done.

Very funny how the pound has slipped significantly/. Prior it was like 1.80 pounds to the dollar and now its like 1.3o or so ..

Dollar is getting stronger but Euro is still doing quite well

JOBI

1417 FUT - Dr. True

1476 FUT - Dr. True

2124 FUT - Dr. True

604 FUE - Dr. True

My views are based on my personal experiences, research and objective observations. I am not a doctor.

Total - 5621 FU's uncut!

For sure, the dollar is a lot stronger these days in comparison to last year or even as recently as six months ago. It's the one thing I'll miss about Bush, the weak dollar and great rates we would get in exchange for the Euro icon_biggrin.gif

Screw Bush and his stupid policies icon_smile.gif LOL

On a side note, I play in a band and a few years ago I needed a new mic. I really like Beyer mics (german made)...at the time to buy this mic in the states was about $450-500...I went online and found a german site that sold those mics. Now, with the dollar being stronger than euro, my mic cost me $190 (that includes $50 shipping). I miss those days icon_smile.gif

But you never know, the dollar keeps getting stronger again and maybe some day I'll be shopping on European sites again icon_smile.gif

P.S. Sorry for getting off-topic here icon_wink.gif