Anyone notice skin texture changes in recipient area post-op? Pics attached....

I only used aloe vera on the donor area. With my second transplant I used a redness reducing witch hazel product but wasn't particularly impressed with the outcome. With my third transplant I've done nothing for redness.

There is nothing I would recommend in particular. Each doctor has their own post-operative care instructions and I always suggest following your doctor's advice.

David - Former Forum Co-Moderator and Editorial Assistant

I am not a medical professional. All opinions are my own and my advice should not constitute as medical advice.

View my Hair Loss Website

I saw you have taken down the photos which I saw yesterday when I was going to reply and got sidelined. The area looked ok it takes some time for the skin to settle down and that time again varies from patient to patient.

Yes I used aloe vera on the recipient not sure it made a difference to not using it but I didn't have lots of lingering redness so worth a try it is not going to hurt if you are a couple of weeks post op.

---

Former patient and representative for Hasson & Wong.

Dr. Victor Hasson and Dr. Jerry Wong are esteemed members of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

My opinions are my own and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of Hasson & Wong.

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Hasson

Just wondering if anyone felt aloe vera on the recipient area sped up healing (especially the redness)? Or should I leave the recipient site alone?

Aloe vera is very good during the initial post-op period but be very careful regarding the use of topical steroidal creams too early and requires your doctor's advice if the redness lingers on beyond 90 days or so.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY