i feel failure after 8 month of FUT and FUE

i had FUE and fut about 8 month ago. during this period, time to time i had some posts in this site. as i have explained at THOSE POSTS, all my translated hairs shed after about 1.5 month of procedure, except for about 20%. those 20 percent continued to grow and m=now are more than 5 or 6 centimeters. my main growth started from month 4.5 which i was able to see small and fine hairs on my scalp. at that time i was very happy because i thought by several month they are going to get thick and long. now after about 3.5 month, those fine hairs are growing very slowly. i think that just those first 20 percent are covering my scalp and rest of transplanted hairs don't have any visual effect. i was thinking that by 8 month the result will be more better than current situation.

i am totally disappointed from final result. my friend at his 9 month has very good result.

i should say i had norwood 6 pattern baldness and i don't know how many grafts are take.

i am going to submit some photos as soon as possible.

Unless your were completely bald, some of those fine hairs could be your native hair that was shocked out, and now growing back.

You also want to ask your doctor/clinic how many grafts were done and the density level that your grafts were placed. In other words, did they place them at say 40 FU per cm2 or even possibly lower?

They should also be able to tell you the breakdown of your grafts between how many singles, doubles, etc., and also the perimeter of the recipient area to again determine the grafted level of density.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Forgot to ask, did you have two separate procedures then? One FUHT and one FUE? If so, how many days apart were your procedures.

Or did you have both FUHT and FUE in the same procedure with the same doctor? If so, that's very unusual because usually it's one or the other.

Hope you can get this all sorted out.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

• 2 weeks later...

hi i sent some pictures which i take two days ago. if you zoom you can see ther is fine hairs on my scalp. now it is 8 month after HT. these fine hairs are appeared about 5 month after HT on my scalp. are they going to grow and get thick. why after 3 month of their birth still they are fine and short. i should say all hairs on my scalp are transplanted and before HT i was totally bald. i mean even one hair was not on my head.

is this failure after 8 month. please guide. is there new hairs to come?

IMG_20150423_184148.jpg.9323cd7d9d05ebaa03ce0d065468599e.jpg

IMG_20150423_184145.jpg.2743572d84c66d38372ed17b107f636b.jpg

8 months is too early to totally determine the final result. Remember everyone heals and regrows differently.If you were in fact "slick" bald this looks like good growth for 8 months with final at or around 12. Remember the hair will also mature over the first year. It looks a little red in some areas. Are there symptoms? Sometimes redness is an indication that there maybe some inflammation that could be inhibiting growth. As Gillenator asked, without knowing the grafts count and expected density it hard to judge the result.

Ailene Russell, NCMA

Clinical Supervisor for Dr. Jerry Cooley

Carolina Dermatology Haircenter

Charlotte, NC