Do you still use DermMatch along with your SMP?

Hi, I was just wondering if anyone here still uses DermMatch to add body to their hair even if they've had SMP done to add the illusion of density? I always found that DermMatch gave my hair a natural looking volume so I never needed to use product...

Anyone?

I find that with the SMP, I no longer need to use Nanogen on the crown. I may still add a shake or two anyway out of habit :)

My Hairloss Web Site -

Procedure #1: 5229 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Oct, 2010

Procedure #2: 2642 Grafts with Dr. Rahal Aug, 2013

7871 Grafts

http://www.hairtransplantnetwork.com/blog/home-page.asp?WebID=2452

I'd never heard of Nanogen. Did you try both Nanogen and DermMatch and found that Nanogen was better?

They are very different. Nanogen is a fiber while dermatch is applied from a damp applicator. I personally prefer Nanogen but many on here love Dermatch.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

BTW, CantDecide, did you get SMP done in your hairline as well? (to make it look fuller)

I hadnt thought about it but perhaps another solution for me would be that with SMP supplementing my own transplanted hairline, I could potentially wear a system BEHIND the hairline until I can afford the FUE.

Just wondering how SMP looks to supplement a "longer hair" hairline?

BTW, CantDecide, did you get SMP done in your hairline as well? (to make it look fuller)

I hadnt thought about it but perhaps another solution for me would be that with SMP supplementing my own transplanted hairline, I could potentially wear a system BEHIND the hairline until I can afford the FUE.

Just wondering how SMP looks to supplement a "longer hair" hairline?

The SMP was only done in my crown and mid scalp a bit.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Starr - Am I understanding you right that you had 3200 grafts done and only have 1500 via strip AND FUE. If that's the case, thats a very weak donor area. Maybe you could actually get 3000 if you combined strip and FUE?

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

Starr - Am I understanding you right that you had 3200 grafts done and only have 1500 via strip AND FUE. If that's the case, thats a very weak donor area. Maybe you could actually get 3000 if you combined strip and FUE?

No, I verified my numbers and had 4339 grafts done in hairline, gradually going into midscalp a little. Upon recent consultation with Dr. Rahal for help in filling the area seen on my avatar pic, he said he could probably get 1500grafts from a 2nd FUT but that I would have to combine after with SMP or beard hair to optimize results. We did not talk about FUE except for my beard, which he recommended I see Dr. Umar in Los Angeles. Why he did not talk about FUE from my scalp I'm not certain... maybe price..or maybe cause he follows the traditional model of FUT, FUT, and FUE?

No, I verified my numbers and had 4339 grafts done in hairline, gradually going into midscalp a little. Upon recent consultation with Dr. Rahal for help in filling the area seen on my avatar pic, he said he could probably get 1500grafts from a 2nd FUT but that I would have to combine after with SMP or beard hair to optimize results. We did not talk about FUE except for my beard, which he recommended I see Dr. Umar in Los Angeles. Why he did not talk about FUE from my scalp I'm not certain... maybe price..or maybe cause he follows the traditional model of FUT, FUT, and FUE?

I would ask him how many you can get FUE after your last strip. I bet you will be able to get more than just a few more.

My Hairloss Web Site -

7871 Grafts

BTW, what are the differences in down-time between FUT and FUE if you dont wear the shaved look? FUT means my on camera acting career goes on hiatus while the top of my scalp grows back to catch up with the back and sides...so usually this will take months.

Whats FUE like?

• 4 months later...