Is bad HT results really true like told in this website

arnolder

Hi guys,

Check out this website http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newpicture-gallery.htm full of bad HT results and experiences. Is this really true. What can we do if this comes out to be real in our case.

Do all the doctors post only successful post op pics in their galleries?

Please help as I'm one of the prospective patient for HT.

Hi guys,

Check out this website http://home1.gte.net/dschrode/newpicture-gallery.htm full of bad HT results and experiences. Is this really true. What can we do if this comes out to be real in our case.

Do all the doctors post only successful post op pics in their galleries?

Please help as I'm one of the prospective patient for HT.

Like any surgery, there is always a risk of complications. Getting a HT is not as simple as it sounds, there are many factors to consider. Age, expectations, amount of hairloss, propecia. minox, etc, etc. It is important to do as much research as possible, and consult with as many surgeons as you can. Most don't charge anything for consults. I don't beleive that surgeons post only there great results, but they certainly never post there bad ones either. The good thing about this site, is Dr. are held accountable, if they "screw" someone, they don't have to post the results...there are others who will post it for him...lol... They can run but they can't hide....

Just a thought from the peanut gallery...

Bosley, MHR, etc. Yep, it's true.

100? 'mini' grapfts by Latham's Hair Clinic - 1991 (Removed 50 plugs by Cooley 3/08.)

2750 FU 3/20/08 by Dr. Cooley

My Hair Loss Website - Hair Transplant with Dr. Cooley

Current regimen:

1.66 mg Proscar M-W-F

Rogaine 5% Foam - every now and then

AndroGel - once daily

Lipitor - 5 mg every other day

Weightlifting - 2x per week

Jogging - 3x per week

Originally posted by Dewayne:

Bosley, MHR, etc. Yep, it's true.

its not just the hairmills, sorry.... pick a dr... ANY DR... they have had cases where things went wrong its just a part of this.... its surgury, there are PLENTY of risks in this.... more risks then a boob job now adays. or lasik, or nose job.....

all you do by choosing a "top" HT doc is LESSEN the risks..... your fooling yourself if you think that the top docs can guarantee that you will be satified or that your growth and procedure will go off without a hitch... there are NOT guarantees...

by the way even bosely and MHR have satified patients, just as docs on the "list" have dis satisfied patents...... its just fact... anyone who elects to undergo this procedure should be fully aware that they are not guaranteed a good result, NO MATTER WHAT they have been promised by their dr/clinic

*** RESULTS WILL 100%, without a DOUBT, VARY***

Lost My Swagger is right Arnolder. Nothing is ever guaranteed in hair transplantation. All you can do is stack the odds in your favour by going to a good doctor. The chances are that you will get a great result, but you might not either. It's like choosing who to fly with, airline A may have a perfect safety record as opposed to airline B. So naturally you're going to fly with airline A because the risk of crashing is very slim. But it's not a 100% guarantee that it wont crash, it simply stacks the odds in your favour. I know that may be a crap comparison, but I think the point is clear enough.

Hi All,

Thanks for your kind responses. I've finally decided to undergo HT procedure. Just a question.

I'm just 24, will HT have an effect on my existing hair and also after the procedure and I'm planning to cover the frontal transplanted area with my existing long hair. Do I keep them long until my transplanted hair reach an appropriate length maybe after an year. Is it really necessary not to cut the transplanted hair till they reach to a particular length or I ca keep them short the way I want even if they are in a growing stage?

You should consider posting pictures if you want the best most educated responses. A HT is a huge decision. There are some good and some bad. Research as much as possible. Good luck. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs