I'm interested in learning about Dr Feller and Dr Shapiro's smaller FUE cases

I'm interested in learning about Dr Feller and Dr Shapiro's smaller FUE cases. Instead of searching hundreds of blogs and pictures can anyone tell me what they consider some good FUE results for these 2 doctors? I realize Dr Shapiro is relatively new to FUE so I understand if he does not have a lot of results yet. I'm specifically interested in the smaller cases not mega sessions. Lets say like 400-1500 grafts. Thanks in advance. icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Thanks so much for the replies. 1500 was probably way too much for what I am researching. I was just trying to keep my research broad enough to get a good sample size. 400-900 probably would have been a better guesstimate.

I have always heard about Dr Feller via his FUE so I will definitely click on the links you provided for me Spex.

I hope everybody has an awesome holiday weekend!!!!!

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Originally posted by stamos:

I agree with Fookinhair, since you had a strip in the past why mess with fue?

Also I don't consider 1500 grafts fue a small session, it will take all day icon_biggrin.gif

After you do FUE, you will never do strip again...even if there are small scars - the trauma to the head is 10 fold less, recovery is almost instantaneous, and there is no numbness.

1000 FUE should take up to 8 hours as you said, but it is nothing like strip. Don't fool yourself.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Originally posted by HairHope:
Originally posted by stamos:

I agree with Fookinhair, since you had a strip in the past why mess with fue?

Also I don't consider 1500 grafts fue a small session, it will take all day icon_biggrin.gif

After you do FUE, you will never do strip again...even if there are small scars - the trauma to the head is 10 fold less, recovery is almost instantaneous, and there is no numbness.

1000 FUE should take up to 8 hours as you said, but it is nothing like strip. Don't fool yourself.

I do not fool myself, but since I start with the strip road, I will harvest anything that I can via strip and then go to fue if needed. It is true about the numbness which lasts at me 3 months but it doesn't bother me at all.

I prefer to have the best result that I can than the less intrusive surgery that I can. Even more that I had a strip already, so I will have to live with long scar(s) for the rest of my life.

The scar from my one and only strip session with Dr Alexander is excellent (so far!).

I know I will need work in future and am wondering if I should:

a) have some smaller FUE sessions so as not to jepordise the scar I have. I have heard that scars from second strip sessions are not always as good.

or

b) get fully "stripped out" then look to have some FUE into the scar.

I am very impressed with what I am seeing and hearing coming of SMG's FUE offerings.

Anyone else have this dilemma or offer any opinions?

Cheers

Thanks for the reply Spex.

I am thinking I should maybe discuss my options with the doc when I start planning my next "hair trip" to the US!

When scheduling with Dr Feller, does he need to know before hand if you want strip or FUE or can this be decided on the day when he asseses your situation?

Cheers

I thought Rahal did FUE as well. Did you try talking to him about that.

Your hair looks fine in the pics you have provided in here. Is it hair greed or was the yield a little lower than what you were expecting?

rahal no longer offers fue as far as i know....

yes that is a fact and i don't think he ever did offered it in the first place....

i see that his coalition profile page has been updated also to reflect that (thanks Bill).

Spex,

I was just looking through your examples again. The FUE jobs you did of 400-700 grafts caught my eye. 1 filled in a gap for the patient. That really caught my eye. The other added to the temple area which I had not seen before. These cases definitely have me intrigued. In such small cases do you still have all the major forehead swelling that you would have with a mega strip session? What would you estimate the downtime recuperating is on a 500-1000 graft FUE session?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Spex,

That was one of the cases I was looking at. It mentioned his native hair so does that mean that was his first HT? That is very good news about the swelling/saline. Do you think a person that got a FUE of say 500-1000 grafts would look some what "normal" within 1 week? Or 2 weeks? Or would the after effects still be noticeable to most people?

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

I had 1002 FUE on a Thursday, being diligent with saline cleansing the first few days, it was unnoticable for work on Monday. I was shocked since my strip recovery took months.

Dec. 2004 - 1938 Grafts via Strip

Feb. 2009 - 1002 Grafts via FUE

Hi hh, did you manage to conceal the work done in the donor? I'm hoping to a have a FUE in September and i'm trying to work out:

- do i request that the shave is long and thin (hopefully the rest of my hair can conceal/comb over these areas)

- do i shave down completely just before the op

I'm trying not to freak out!

Originally posted by HairHope:

I had 1002 FUE on a Thursday, being diligent with saline cleansing the first few days, it was unnoticable for work on Monday. I was shocked since my strip recovery took months.

That is really amazing and very encouraging. Thanks for letting us know. I was wondering if the length of time for swelling and redness would differ from strip.

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs