Rogaine use after FUT transplant

Hi all, I've been a reader on here for a while and just two days I got my first ever FUT procedure, around 1450 grafts at the front.

My question is can I use the rogaine on the crown after the procedure once I keep away from the transplanted hairs at the front. I forget what the surgeon told me.

I find if I discontinue use it can lead to shedding so I'd like to use it asap.

Great site btw, very informative.

Thanks.

I started using Rogaine on the transplanted grafts as well as to the back crown around day 10 or 14 after my FUE procedure and have continued using 6 months post op. It definitely helped the new grafts come in quicker, fuller and stronger - at around 2.5 months was noticeable for me but everyone is different.

I started using it after my stitches came out (day 14) . The only concern is irritation in the grafted area, if you don't have that problem, I would think it should be fine. You can always email your doctor and ask this question, whatever he says should supersede any responses here, including mine. Who did you go to ?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUT #1, ~ 1600 grafts hairline (Ron Shapiro 2004)

FUT #2 ~ 2000 grafts frontal third (Ziering 2011)

FUT #3 ~ 1900 grafts midscalp (Ron Shapiro early 2015)

FUE ~ 1500 grafts frontal third, side scalp, FUT scar repair --300 beard, 1200 scalp (Ron Shapiro, late 2016)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/185663-recent-fue-dr-ron-shapiro-prior-fut-patient.html

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I started using it after my stitches came out (day 14) . The only concern is irritation in the grafted area, if you don't have that problem, I would think it should be fine. You can always email your doctor and ask this question, whatever he says should supersede any responses here, including mine. Who did you go to ?

I went to Dr. Marwan Saifi. Very impressed. I was picked up at the airport, brought to my hotel, collected the next morning to be brought to surgery, brought back to the hotel afterwards and collected to be brought to the airport the following day.

He's a very nice man and so are his team.

Most doctors want you to stop for a period of time before surgery because minoxidil will promote blood flow, hence promote bleeding during the procedure. I see no reason to stop applying it to the unmolested area afterwards. Just my nonprofessional opinion.

Dr.Gabel 3972 FUT 11/3/14

Progress/Results Below ;)

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/177388-3972-fut-dr-gabel.html

I also went to Saifi. His instructions are to wait 3-4 weeks. His written instructions say 4 weeks. I guess you did get a white folder with a few pieces of paper? I am almost 5 weeks post op and started applying minox last week.