from shedding to growth?

I've read that after a month or two the transplanted hairs start to grow. Is that a month or two from the procedure date, or is it measured from the point that most of the hairs have shed? I've noticed a couple pimples on my scalp in the recipient area and wonder if this could be the start of the growing phase. I had my procedure about 4 and a half weeks ago.

I've read that after a month or two the transplanted hairs start to grow. Is that a month or two from the procedure date, or is it measured from the point that most of the hairs have shed? I've noticed a couple pimples on my scalp in the recipient area and wonder if this could be the start of the growing phase. I had my procedure about 4 and a half weeks ago.

That is a good question and I believe that two to three months after the procedure is when growth truly begins. Some hairs remain after the inital shed and simply continue to grow (at least in my case).

I began having pimples early on like yourself and was getting a bunch between month 1 and almost 3 months. Now at almost four months I am virtually pimple free...thank goodness.

You are right on track and in the doldrums stage. Try to be patient as this time is not all that fun. Time seems to stand still, but it will quicken up soon, especially once you begin seeing results.

My initial HT thread:

done and done!! Check it out...

fusion47,

Transplanted hair actually starts to grow immediately but then the hair starts to shed 2 to 4 weeks later. Hair regrowth doesn't typically start for 3 to 5 months after the hair transplant procedure day, a little less than that if you are talking about after the hair shedding phase is over.

Pimples are typically a sign of activity below the scalp. It's typical for hair regrowth to begin a few weeks to a month after pimples form.

At 4 and a half weeks, you still have awhile to wait before any visual signs of improvement. Hang in there. The wait is hard, but the result makes the wait all worthwhile.

I hope this helps :-)

Bill