Finally done with my HT with DR. Mahadevia

arnolder

Hi guys, after lot of hesitation and confusion I finally flew down to ahmedabad and got my HT done from Dr. Mahadevia. The count was 1800 grafts. I hope my hair grows really fast. I'm out of town so will post the results/pics on 20th april. It was a strip surgery.

God bless me.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a bit of information with my background. I'm 24 and started losing hair at the age of 18. Before my HT I was norwood scale 3. Had a strip done of 1800 grafts with the aforementioned doctor. I was on minodoxil for 7 months. Lets hope for da best. I'll post the pics after 10 days omost probably. Cheers.

thanks Bill, I'll surely post my results soon.

Just a question, I don't want to wear a cap in my office and covering the transplanted area with my existing hair is a mess and funny looking.

Should I cut down my existing hair to the grafted hair length. Is it risky for the transplanted hair?

Also when should I start with minodoxil. Doc told me after 5 days I can start with that. Is it OK?

How often I should wash my grafted area? I'm doing it twice a day by spraying the area with a johnsons baby shampoo and then spraying it with water and allowing it to dry naturally.

Thanks.

Hey man, my suggestion would be to shave it down to a 1 or 2 clip. Also you mentioned your on minox. Are you on propecia as well? If not, I highly suggeSt you hop on it.....that way you can curb if not stop future hairloss....

Hi All,

I've created my blog with a pre and post op pics. These are the pics doctor sent me. I'll update the blog with more pics that have been taken from my camera after few days.

Please give your comments:-). I hope they will grow soon. Fingers are crossed.Its 7 days for me now since my HT.

This is the link to my blog: http://www.hairtransplantnetwo...pyID=3300&WebID=1207

Originally posted by arnolder:

thanks Bill, I'll surely post my results soon.

Just a question, I don't want to wear a cap in my office and covering the transplanted area with my existing hair is a mess and funny looking.

Should I cut down my existing hair to the grafted hair length. Is it risky for the transplanted hair?

Also when should I start with minodoxil. Doc told me after 5 days I can start with that. Is it OK?

How often I should wash my grafted area? I'm doing it twice a day by spraying the area with a johnsons baby shampoo and then spraying it with water and allowing it to dry naturally.

Thanks.

Each doctor may have different post op directions for when/how to shampoo or use Minox. My doctor had us shampoo/rinse using a cup not under a spray. He also had us start Minox after 14 days. You might want to discuss your questions with your own doctor though. I wish you the best of luck with your HT! icon_smile.gif

4374 grafts-7/2/2008-Dr Rahal

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

wantego

Thanks Wantego,

Did you see my post op pic? Please comment on that and also please tell me how long wil it take for my existing hair to come back as you can see in my pre op pic in my blog.

Thanks.

Arnolder I did see your post op picture. It looks like your doctor covered a lot of ground with 1800 grafts. Do you know how many hairs that was? I'm just a HT patient like you so I do not have any expertise. I think many people grow back at different rates. I can only guess that your pre op existing hair would grow at a similar rate that it did before your HT. Many (not all) people follow a similar time line regarding HTs. icon_smile.gif

1 month=grafts shed

2 months=ugly duckling period

3-4 months= Beginning of some new growth

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Is it bad??? covering a big area with these number of grafts(1800). As per the doctor the count is 20% of singles and 65% of two and the rest 15% of 3 and 4.

Originally posted by wantego:
wantego

Thanks Wantego,

Did you see my post op pic? Please comment on that and also please tell me how long wil it take for my existing hair to come back as you can see in my pre op pic in my blog.

Thanks.

Arnolder I did see your post op picture. It looks like your doctor covered a lot of ground with 1800 grafts. Do you know how many hairs that was? I'm just a HT patient like you so I do not have any expertise. I think many people grow back at different rates. I can only guess that your pre op existing hair would grow at a similar rate that it did before your HT. Many (not all) people follow a similar time line regarding HTs. icon_smile.gif

1 month=grafts shed

2 months=ugly duckling period

3-4 months= Beginning of some new growth

Arnolder,

I'm no expert but my comment (that he seemed to get a lot of coverage out of 1800 grafts) was a good thing. icon_smile.gif

485 singles

2336 doubles

1526 triples

16 quads

9809 total hairs

Dear Arnolder,

Please keep posting your progress, and if possible can you write what all wah charged to you ?

I am looking forward to get the transplant done by the same doctor in June,2009. I am meeting the doctor once before that, I can do that since I livev in Mumbai.

Your picture looked good, I am grade 4 patient for hair transplant.

How do you make out the number of grafts taken by doctor are truly told by him ? Its not about the particular doctor but anybody, is there any way ??

Await advice from other senior members of the forum.

I am looking forward to get transplant done from this doctor because of folowing reasons:

1. Transparency on its site at very minute level about the costs involved.

2. Email consultation I have done through him, the answers look honest.

3. The pictures also whatever is uploaded on its site are decent.

4. I have mailed some of the people who had given feedback on his site, all of them have given a positive feedback but I have not seen any of those people's pics icon_frown.gif

You are the first person I have found out who have uploaded some pics, please keep uploading your pics every 15 days.

Thanks,

TJ

tuja

One HT:

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha

Hi Tuja,

What I know you cannot tell the no. of grafts.

You have to trust your doctor. I'm not an expert so others members may pitch into this. I might be wrong.

I've uploaded my 5th and 16th day post ht pics on my weblog. Please see those and give ur opinions.

Thanks.

Hi guys,

I've uploaded my 5th and 16th day post op pics.

Please have a look and give your expert opinions and comments.

Shedding has taken place and its more prominent on the right side of my head. Don't know if this is normal or not(hair started shedding 11th day onwards). I'm on minox from the 7th day itself and its causing formation of some white/gray residue/particles on the grafted area which seem to very difficult to wash away with water.

Rest now waiting for the transplanted hair to fall off soon so that thry can grow again:-)

Dear Arnolder,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Your pictures are looking great and encouraging and I am looking forward to the HT more positively. I am a little scared though because ultimately it is a Surgery. Also, after surgery, I feel I have to be socially secluded icon_frown.gif

Do you keep your head covered while moving out of home with some sort of cap or anything ?

I am concerned because I am working and cannot take many holidays.

You didnt mention how much was charged to you ?

I wish you all the very best for your speedy recovery.

This website is great and I am thankful to all those who took this wonderful initiative to start this forum. I would try to contribute to whatever extent I can, thankyou all the members for posting your reviews about different doctors and minute detailings technical, non technical, psychological things related to hairfall problems.

An appeal to the senior members, specially Bill - please comment on whether you can know how many grafts have been implanted or you just have to trust the surgeon.

Regards,

TJ

tuja

One HT:

2900 Grafts with Dr. Radha

Ya even I felt the same about the density, but eventually I'll be neeeding another HT as I'm just 24 right now and my family has a history of baldness.So will compensate on the next one if this one came out right.

A lot of questions are coming out in this post about the charge per graft. I don't know whether its fine here to discuss about the pricing. The price is clearly mentioned in the doctor's website which is goodbyehairloss.com.

I can give assurance on one thing though, there will be no hidden charges apart from what is mentioned in the website.

Hi,

Today when I had a shower and was trying to dry my hair very carefully I accidently put my towel right over the grafted area and some 8-9 grafted hair fell off with little white bulbs at one end which I could see on my white towel. I'm 19th day post op and I am a little worried about what happened today. Is that Ok? Will those roots grow back again eventually as they didn't fall off by themselves, rather I forced them to fall off.

Please reply.

Thanks Arnolder !!! I hv been looking for ppl like you !!!

I hv seen your picture, indeed its still early to see the result. But anyway it does look good in general.

In Dr Mahadevia website it is state $0.55 per follicle. Let say if 3 hairroots in 1 graft, isit counted as $0.55 X 3 = $1.65 ??

BTW, I hv planned to do the HT with Dr M in july. I still cant decide to go to him.....

PLs check out the reseach I hv done on Dr M.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo..._FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear

Hi Lex,

Well before I decided on Dr Mahadevia that was a huge risk on my part as he is not recommended on this forum and also indian doctors have a very bad reputation here.

Also I didn't see any of his patient's results in this forum or some other forum. There were a few but nobody came up with pics more than 4 months post op. Maybe the results were never good. Maybe those ppl never got the time. Lots of questions were there in my mind.

But as I stay in india I didnt have any other option as travelling and going to US,canada etc is always going to be too exorbitant for ppl like me. So took the risk.

As far as my 20 day post op result goes, it looks decent to me. Not as refined a hairline as the other recommended doctors here but can live with that.

Rest waiting for the results. By the way waiting is a very hard thing but everyone undergoing HT has to go through it.

I'm wary about the grafts shedding and somehow I mistakenly forced them to fall off,so need to know from other members here that 20 days post op and grafts shedding because of my mistake,will they grow again or they are dead cos they didn't fall on their own.

Cheers.

Originally posted by lexluthur:

Thanks Arnolder !!! I hv been looking for ppl like you !!!

I hv seen your picture, indeed its still early to see the result. But anyway it does look good in general.

In Dr Mahadevia website it is state $0.55 per follicle. Let say if 3 hairroots in 1 graft, isit counted as $0.55 X 3 = $1.65 ??

BTW, I hv planned to do the HT with Dr M in july. I still cant decide to go to him.....

PLs check out the reseach I hv done on Dr M.

http://www.hairlosshelp.com/fo..._FORUMVIEWTMP=Linear